29. Hang On To The Night

*brief content warning for language and adult themes*

Taehyung had a hard time deciding on an appropriate first date venue for Jungkook.

First of all, he wanted it to be beyond spectacular.

Second of all, he wanted it to be private. And not only for Jungkook, who still had this annoying pathology about not being gay yet seemed to have zero issues doing insanely gay stuff with him. Weird.

Truth be told, though, Taehyung wasn't sure either of them were ready to be photographed together and didn't especially want to deal with the implications of being seen on a date with the writer of the film he was currently in. Messy.

And of course, he wanted Jungkook to love it. The younger's tastes were eclectic and varied, really difficult to pin down.

It was not easy to find something unique to do with a person who had everything.

What did Jungkook not have?

The answer: Fun. He didn't seem to have much in the way of fun.

♾♾♾

"Hey, Hobi, where would you take Yoongi if you wanted him to have fun?" Taehyung asked the director, who was looking at his phone intently.

Hobi shrugged, glancing around, "Ask him yourself," he replied blandly, pointing over Taehyung's shoulder to where Yoongi had just walked into the green room.

"Hey Yoongles, what do you do for fun?" Taehyung leaned back to look at Yoongi, who seemed to be shuffling in place instead of walking towards them.

"First of all, what did I say about that nickname? Second of all, what kind of question is that? I think it's none of your business," Yoongi glared at him, eyebrow pulsing upwards once.

Hobi burst into laughter, "He just doesn't want to admit that he doesn't have fun, Tae," he explained through snickers, not once looking away from his phone.

Yoongi threw his empty latte cup towards Hobi, who finally looked up and smirked.

"I do have fun, Hobi, and you know that," he argued in an annoyed monotone, walking over and flicking the back of the director's head.

"Sex and work don't count as fun," Hobi fired back, flipping Yoongi off.

Taehyung just watched, mystified. Usually these two got along much better than this.

Yoongi directed his attention back towards Taehyung.

"Why do you want to know what I do for fun?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow once again.

Taehyung didn't want to answer that.

"Just wondering what someone who isn't me might do for fun. Not everyone likes all the things that I do," he said quickly as he slouched in the director's chair he was lounging in.

Yoongi nodded, eyes narrow.

"Well, to answer your question, and also to prove Hobi wrong, I enjoy cooking. I've been learning to play the guitar, and I also recently bought a boat. All of which I find fun," he explained concisely and emphatically, making leering eye contact with Hobi.

Taehyung looked at Hobi, who was frowning, "Uh, okay, thanks Yoongs, for that and for your weird energy today. Send me a pic of your boat," he muttered, wanting Yoongi to go back to his normal, unflappable, exterior.

"What about you, my most esteemed colleague?" Yoongi asked, ignoring Taehyung completely and smirking, "Any new hobbies I don't know about?"

Hobi stood and walked a few paces away from Yoongi, "Well, I like doing new things," he said, sounding flustered.