26. Speak Slow

*brief content warning for adult language*

Jungkook did not give a flying fuck about what time it was on the east coast as he attempted to get Jimin to wake up.

JUNGKOOK: Jimin, wake up

JUNGKOOK: Chimmmmmm

JUNGKOOK: Chim chiminey
Chim chiminey
Chim chim cher-ee

JUNGKOOK: Jiminy cricket

JUNGKOOK: Minnie mouse

JUNGKOOK: Dude fucking call
me back right now

His phone rang right on cue.

"Minnie mouse? Really? That's a new one" Jimin's sleepy voice drawled, sounding irritated, "I'm sleeping right now, I don't want to talk to you."

Jungkook's lip twitched, "Not the point and too bad for you. Dude. You knew about my mom? And you didn't say anything?" he demanded hotly, hearing the accusation hang in the dead air.

Jimin didn't say anything right away.

"I take it you're mad?" Jimin asked, taking a stab at reading the younger's current state.

Jungkook huffed, nostrils flared. Why did everyone always think he was mad at them?

"I'm not mad at her," he conceded a bit reluctantly.

Jimin rubbed his eyes and turned on his bedside lamp, "But you're mad at me, I'm guessing," he scoffed, as usual, he thought.

Jungkook thought about this allegation from his friend.

It wasn't entirely unwarranted.

"I wouldn't say mad, no," he allowed, buying himself a little bit of time to figure out what he wanted to say.

Jimin waited patiently, leaning against his upholstered headboard. A headache was sprouting in his temples

Jungkook sat on the end of his bed, "I'm a little offended, to be honest, but maybe it doesn't really matter," he remarked.

He tried to sound objective though he noticed that it came out meek, small.

"How about this, let's start with how you feel about Soo," Jimin goaded him. He had known this was going to blow up in everyone's faces.

Jungkook put his elbow on his knees and rested his chin in his hand.

"I don't know, Chim. You should've heard her, it broke my fucking heart. She kept apologizing. Said it was okay if I didn't accept her."

His voice came out raw and bloody, full of hate, but not for anybody but himself, "She looked crushed."

Jimin hummed, allowing him to ramble. It hurt his heart to picture Soomin like this.

"Of course I accept her. How could I not? She's my mom. I was just surprised, that's all," he murmured, swallowing hard to force the lump out of his throat.

Jimin raised an eyebrow. He was a bit stunned and quite touched, if he was honest with himself. He held back everything that he wanted to say, wanting Jungkook to talk first.

"It makes me feel like the worst person on the planet that she didn't think I would be okay with it, but she had no problem telling you," he huffed again.

"Honestly, I don't even want to know how long you've known for," Jungkook breathed out a laugh. It was either that or cry right now.

He guessed it was way longer than he was willing to comprehend.