25. Freedom

*brief content warning for language and adult themes*

Jungkook arrived early, for once, to get his mom at the airport. He drummed his fingers against the steering wheel as he anticipated their conversation. About his dad.

He wanted to text Taehyung and tell him about it.

There was something gnawing within him that was dying to make Taehyung understand him, though at the same time, he didn't even understand himself most of the time.

He knew himself, like the older had said, sure, but he didn't really get the why about how and who he was. How could anyone else?

There was too much to unravel, he thought. It wasn't time to go there yet.

JUNGKOOK: Sitting at LAX

TAEHYUNG: What a bummer

JUNGKOOK: What are you
up to?

TAEHYUNG: You don't
even want to know

JUNGKOOK: False

JUNGKOOK: Tell me

TAEHYUNG: Well, I'm
mostly just sitting here

TAEHYUNG: Trying to
figure you out

JUNGKOOK: ...

TAEHYUNG: Still trying
to get my mind around how

TAEHYUNG: in the fucking hell
you did that this morning

JUNGKOOK: Oh

TAEHYUNG: Yeah

TAEHYUNG: Quite confusing btw

JUNGKOOK: Why?

TAEHYUNG: Because I'm
pretty much a top!

JUNGKOOK: I thought you
said either way?

TAEHYUNG: Well, I did, yeah

TAEHYUNG: But I didn't
think THAT would happen

JUNGKOOK: I'm not sure
what to say tbh

TAEHYUNG: It's cool,
just sitting here vibing

TAEHYUNG: fully questioning
my identity

JUNGKOOK: Tae, same

TAEHYUNG: lolol

JUNGKOOK: chill, bro

TAEHYUNG: i am not your bro

JUNGKOOK: 🤷

Jungkook smiled to himself. A million things came to mind to say to Taehyung, but he didn't send any of them.

It was lovely, he thought, how easy Taehyung made this.

He just seemed to let things play out, allowing Jungkook to dodge left or right while maintaining this steadiness.

At last, he spotted his mom, waving crazily with both arms. Her choppy dark hair was wild and she wore black horn rimmed glasses. Just like Taehyung's, he noted immediately.

He could see her eyes squinting as she smiled wide, shouting an exuberant greeting at him.

Jungkook broke into a giant toothy smile, as he waved back, hopping out of the car. The traffic minder glared at him.