16. The Con

Jungkook rolled over to face Jimin, who was peering at him with big worried eyes.

Jimin put a hand to his cheek, "You can tell me," he murmured, not speaking too loudly as though Jungkook was a wild animal he might scare off.

"Chim, I fucked it all up," he said, voice quavering on the edge of tears. He rolled onto his back and blinked hard at the ceiling.

Jimin mirrored him, laying on his back as well, reaching for Jungkook's hand and lacing their fingers together, "Jungkook, you didn't fuck anything up, don't be ridiculous," he warned, trying to keep his voice gentle.

"Why are you so upset?" he asked, more sternly this time.

Jungkook didn't even know what to say, he shook his head blankly, hair matted to his forehead, "You know why, Jimin," he retorted, his last resort when he was upset.

Pretend like Jimin had all the answers. Pretend like it was Jimin's fault.

He continued with his soliloquy, acting like a petulant child.

"Don't act like you just appeared here magically, I know Lil called you and I'm sure you two talked. Honestly, do you think I'm a complete idiot?" Jungkook scoffed to keep from crying and rolled his eyes.

Jimin propped himself up on an elbow, looking up and down at his friend, "Hey, first of all: no need to be rude. Second of all: yeah, we talked. Are you happy?" He snapped, before sighing and leaning back again.

"Now do you want to give me your version of things and tell me why you came here or do you want me to haul Namjoon up here too?" he tossed the words towards Jungkook sassily, knowing that he wasn't going to talk without some prodding.

"Is he here?" Jungkook asked, looking somewhat panicked.

That was the last thing he needed: his therapist knowing he was here.

Jimin shook his head. "No, but I'll  call him if you don't start talking. Or maybe we should fuck and see what happens? Think Lili would burn the house down if she heard us?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked.

What Jimin didn't expect was for Jungkook to turn over and start bawling.

"Wh-wh-why does everyone think I-I-I'm fucking gay," Jungkook sobbed, bringing the blanket up to his face with clenched fists.

Jimin reached up to his arm, but rethought his actions rather quickly. He inched closer, though, peering around Jungkook's hulking shoulders to get a look at his face.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Koo, it was a bad joke. It really was, I'm so sorry," he apologized, chagrin coloring his face, producing a frown.

He let Jungkook cry for a moment longer, before pulling him close, laying down behind him and aligning their bodies, "No one thinks you're gay. But if you were-," he paused, wanting to make sure it came out right.

"If you were, there isn't anything wrong with that and you would still be the same person, the same you," he said tentatively, "There's nothing wrong with you," he finished, burying his face in Jungkook's taut back, waiting for the heaving sobs to wane.

Jungkook sighed unevenly, "I can't be gay, Chim. I'm not gay," he repeated, staring into the space next to the bed.

"I know," Jimin affirmed, with a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. This hurt him, too.

He chewed on his lip for a minute, toying briefly with the hair on the back of Jungkook's head. "Why are you here then? Did Lili say you were gay?" his brow furrowed as he tried to figure out what happened. This didn't make any sense.