Staring back at her, I feel the wheels turning in my head, but I know I should control my anger so as to not let it explode.

"See, I can see her head spinning in rage,"

"Sally, stop," Tom urges, but Sally ignores him.

"Come on Nina, let out that roar," she instigates.

I look away from her.

"Sally?" I ask. She's taken aback by my vulnerable tone, not firing back with a mean remark as usual as I look down. I answered her with a calm voice and it takes her a while to reply.

"Uh, ya?" She asks, confused.

I turn my head back towards her.

I don't answer right away, I let her wait as I lean on the table, closer to her.
It's like the whole table is awaiting some kind of crazy badass shit from me... Instead, I just say...

"What's up your butt?" Nonchalontly, I lean back as I await the responses.

Alex, taken aback, pushes out a laugh, trying to hide it as Sally turns to glare at her.

"What's. Up. My. Butt.?" Sally repeats, looking back at me, and I nod back, with the same attitude, "Ugh, you are," she spits out, tired of my behavior, trying to enter the war with, to her are, snarky remarks.

"Well that's unfortunate, and to be honest, I think you're talking about the wrong Nina, the Nina I know, is sitting right here.. not in your butt,"

I hear Tom chuckle beside me.

And she huffs at my quick remark, I guess I'm a natural at badass remarks without even trying because it struck Sally to glare even more, deeping her angry stare.

"Ugh, you are so annoying!" She exclaims to me before zapping towards Alex besides her who is still silently laughing, "Alex! I can't believe you thought this would work, she's obviously incapable of saying sorry to me and you are obviously incapable of being on my side,"

"Uhh?" Sally's words catch Alex off guard, she's still smiling at my words that she can't give a good comment back, instead she grows confused at the sudden change.

"You know what, forget it, I'm leaving," she declares.

"Wait, uh," Alex begins, but Sally is already taking her things and getting off her side of the bench. Alexandra doesn't have much of a fast reflex for words but will probably have an answer by tomorrow.

"I- uh." In defeat, Alex looks back at the two of us in question,"What am I going to do, now she's mad at me." Her face in worry, she looks at Sally marching away and then looks back at us.

We shrug in response.

Silence.

Alex looks ahead at the disappearing figure of Sally while Tom and I just take it in with eyes wide in question of what just happened.

"What is up her butt though?" I finally ask. Alex giggles in return,"What?" I ask.

Tom answers for her, "She's probably still mad at you for blowing her chance with Andrew." My heart skips a beat, or maybe it just gets faster, at the sound of his name.

"Oh, ya, right, I totally forgot." I feel my face getting hot, and I begin to worry that they can see right through my lie.
But they're not even looking at me, instead, they hold onto their food, beginning to talk to each other about something completely different.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It's already the end of the day and I'm walking out into the cold air.

My hat on and my scarf wrapped around my neck, the chill goes through my body as I start my way towards my house, just right outside the school and into the sidewalk I'm on.