Chapter 5: The mysterious texts

Start from the beginning

I walked back to Danny's place really calmed. I was pretty sure Rachel was watching that stupid kids show with Gracie and didn't even check the room where I was supposed to be. I got into the room and shut the window carefully. Now time to see what my friends have been doing lately. Nothing interesting, that's for sure. Most of it was just facebook/twitter crap. Then I saw several missing calls and a text that called my attention. "Hey babe. got a problem n need 2 talk  2u asap. Call me xo". 

Why would Brian call and text me? What was his problem? I decided to give him a quick call to find out. I know I promised to myself not to speak to him ever again, but he needed me and I was a bit worried for him to tell you the truth. He doesn't call me just to say hello.

-Hello beautiful. How's everything going?, he said with a happiness that surprised me. He wasn't that kind of guy, more like an emo guy. He doesn't have an easy life after all.

-Hi Brian. Everything's good. What happened to you?, I said trying to get straight to the point. I didn't want Steve to check my phone bills too and honestly I didn't want to talk to him right now. I know how these conversations end up, and I wasn't looking forward to that.

-Sorry about those texts I sent you and if I woke you up last night. You know babe, I was a little bit...

-Drunk. I know, I said unfortunately knowingly, Don't worry. My brother had my phone so I didn't see the texts until now. Did you get into a fight or something last night?, I asked a little bit worried.I knew him drunk, maybe a little too much for my own good. He's not exactly violent, but if someone provokes him he's stupid enough to throw a couple of punches.

-Yeah, and the police let me use my own phone to call someone... I guess I was so drunk that I called you. You know how I am, he said with a giggle. Umm, was this a laughing matter? I didn't think so. I wanted to punch his face so bad! I knew I shouldn't have called him. Time to end up this useless conversation.

-Well if that's all what you need, I better hung up before someone sees me. I'm not supposed to use my phone, much less to call you, I said almost pressing the red button. Unfortunately I didn't have the strength to do it. Ugh, I'm so weak when it comes to him. I dont know why.

-I know your brother will forgive you for spending some time with your lonely ex, he said playing it cool, After all you know I miss you a lot and...

-Brian, we broke up for a reason, ok? You're too old for me, and you need to be with girls of your own age.., I tried to explain him, as I usually do. Lucky me, I'm in Hawaii. Otherwise I know he'd come to my place to talk this personally. Now I have the chance of hanging up the phone at least.

-I don't like them. They're all whores looking for sex, you know it Jill. I love you not them, he said with a frustrated sigh. Here we go again. It was impossible to have a nice conversation with him, because we cut off each other all the time and never get to the point of what we want to say. It's not that I don't love him, because trust me I do. I really do. But this relationship... it's just insane, even more now that I'm so far away from him.

-I know, but we know this is the best for both of us. I'm gonna hang up now, ok? I gotta go, I said with a few tears in my eyes and a huge knot in my throat. I hate ignoring him, knowing that he needed me the most right now. 

-Ok. Have a nice day Jill. I love you, he said before I hanged up without saying anything else.

This was a so unfair situation. I thought he'd forget about me faster. Apparently not, because he kept on calling me and trying us to get back together. It's not that I don't want to, but first of all I'm in Hawaii, God knows for how long. And second of all, we agreed to stop seeing each other, because we knew this would end up badly. He was practically a man, and I was barely a teenager. We needed to date people our own age, and I still think it was a wise decision. But God I miss him so much! He's super sweet and protective with me. And don't get him wrong. Yes he does get drunk quite often due to his family issues. But the only bad thing he does is to call me and cry on the phone, and sometimes gets involved into fights in bars and clubs. He has never hurt me or threatened me. Steve would never allow it anyway and I was afraid it could turn in something really bad if he sees him. My brother doesn't has the best temper, to be honest with you. I better put this back, because I don't know when Steve's coming back from work.