Chapter 7: Dangerous roads

Start from the beginning

-Fine. I can't fight against that. What are your plans for today bro?, she said playing with her rings. How can she wear so many of them? You can barely see her nude finger skin.

-I guess I'll have to drop you at Danny's and get back to the central as soon as we finish breakfast. After all I should be there now, but Chin and Kono said that they would cover me and Danny during the nights, so I can take care of you and him of his own family.

-Sorry I'm being a bother, she said looking away a little bit sad.

-Not at all Jill, I said gently bringing my hand under her chin to meet her look, Actually my job is being a pain in the ass to me. I just wanted to spend the summer with you, not working.

-But if you don't catch these guys, who will Stevie? Don't worry bro. I just hope we have some time for us soon. I'm really looking forward another surfing lesson, she said with a warm smile.

-Of course we will. I promise, I said kissing her forehead, I'll finish this as soon as I can, but you have to promise me that you'll behave yourself until then. Give me a little help here, ok?

-I promise, she said giving me a hug. I hugged her back and immediately let her go, noticing that our breakfast was burning. I definitely suck at cooking. I just hope that skill will improve with time and practice these months, otherwise Jill's gonna starve for the rest of the summer.

Jill's POV

I couldn't believe I was doing this. It was just insane. I promised I'd never see or speak to Brian, EVER again. It was for our own good, and I knew it very well. but I just couldn't let him hurt himself. I thought that maybe if I met him, I'd be able to convince him to stop acting stupid and get some help. I also thought I could talk about this with Steve, but I knew he was going to lose control as soon as I say "I lied to you. I didn't call mom, I called my 20 years old ex because he's a drunk ass and has several issues and threatened me with killing himself". It didn't sound good at all, so I rather to keep it to myself and solve this problem with my own hands. After all, with 13 years old, I was mature enough to take care of my own business. I didn't need my brother protecting me all the time.

As soon as we finished lunch, I went to the back yard with the excuse of "getting a Hawaiian tan". I laid on the grass, almost falling asleep until I was sure Mrs. Williams was deep asleep, taking a nap. Just then I got up and jumped upon the back fence and run. I knew the risks of what I was about to do, but truthfully I felt like I had no other choice. It's like my brother said to me: "What would you do to ensure someone you love's safety? Whatever it takes". And I'm willing to sacrifice everything I have to see Brian smiling again. I wasn't gonna be the reason why he ruins his life... or takes it from himself.

First I needed to get my phone, so I'd know when Brian gets to our meeting spot. I ran back home, as I did last time. The difference was that when I got there, I couldn't find the key. Oh shit, probably Steven took it this morning when he left. Great, what now? Ok Jillian, time for an illegal risky move. I made sure nobody could see me and I snuck through the front window. It was a little bit high, but I was able to reach it. When I got in I ran into a small table that was next to the window. Crap, I hope anybody heard that. Oh come on Jillian. Who could possibly care? I just took my phone from my brother's closet and ran out of there, just in case I could get into trouble.I waited for Brian at the beach, same place I was last time. After all, I didn't know Hawaii so much to meet him anywhere. I didn't even know where the airport is. So I laid on the warm sand, waiting for him to text me when he arrives. I was trying to think what was I going to say to him. I wanted to let him know since the start that getting back together wasn't an option. After all, even if I say yes, what would happen with his work? With his studies, if he hasn't quit by now? His family, his sisters? He couldn't leave all of that just to come to live to Hawaii with me. And, I was pretty sure my brother would kick his ass without even giving him the chance of saying hello. I shook my head. No, it wasn't an option. I love him, so I had to do what was best for us. No matter how hard it is.