Chapter Seventy Seven

Magsimula sa umpisa

     "Woah, Wanda. I think you have the wrong idea here.." Maria tries but I'm having none of it.

     "Do I?"

    "Fury sent us. He wanted to get our opinion," Valkyrie explains.

    "And you can form an opinion before you even meet her?"

    "No, we were just trying to take precautions.." Maria again.

    "Uhuh. So the fact that we all trust Spencer isn't enough for you?"

    "It is." Valkyrie cuts in. "As long as this is Spencer," she says as she, once again, eyes Spencer up and down.

    She then walks over and sticks out her hand for Spencer to shake. Which she does awkwardly.

    "I'm Valkyrie. An absolute pleasure to meet you, darling," then she winks.

    "Uh, thanks?" It's clear Spencer doesn't know what to say.

    "No, thank you."

    "Okay. That's enough," Nat steps in between Val and Spencer. "Back off, Val. Spencer is my girlfriend."

     You can see the excitement on Spencer's face when Nat says this and she hugs Nat from behind and kisses her on the cheek. They're seriously too cute.

     "Thanks, love" Spencer whispers into Nat's ear but I can still hear her.

     "Mhm. And you're exclusive?" Val directly asks Spencer.

      "Uh, well.. we are girlfriends. But I guess.. we never.." she moves to face Nat. "You do still want it to be just us, right?" Spencer whispers with concern. She's adorable. Good thing Nat can't read my mind.

      "Yes, Spencer."

      "Yes!" She does a little happy dance.

      Turning back to Valkyrie, "yes, we are indeed exclusive," she says in a business like tone.

      "Mhm," is all Val says.

      This got off the rails very quickly.

      "Listen, I know you missed her confession last night, but we were going to talk to her more about some details later today. Why don't you just stick around until then and see what she says? We can all spend the day together."

      "Fine." Maria concedes.

      "Don't have to ask me twice." Val says smirking.

      Nat looks like she's about to snap at her.

      But Spencer breaths out, "thank you! I don't deserve the chance, but I am grateful."

      Again with this undeserving shit?

      I slap her arm.

      "Ah. What the hell was that for?"

      "We talked about this. We've all talked about this. You DO deserve it."

       "Okay.." she says quietly.

       This earns a weird look from Maria and Val. I'll talk to them later.

       "Can we have breakfast now? I'll even cook? Please. I'm starving." She put emphasis on the 'starving.'

       "Yes, please! I haven't had your cooking in ages and I want to see if you're still any good," I tease her.

       "Oh, then sit back and be prepared to be amazed," she says confidently. There's our girl.

       "I can't wait."