Chapter 27

The weather on this night is quite pleasant.

The pair wanders back and forth through the Night Market before leaping over the fence with the backdrop of the moonlight.

In the pitch-black darkness at the base of the fence, Yu Sheng feels Jin Linkun's hand landing upon his head, rubbing twice in gentle circles.

"......"

Yu Sheng: "Friend, I've already recounted my tales for nearly two hours. Did the idea of comforting me only just occur to you?"

Jin Linkun's brows gentle out. The eyes behind his glasses curve ever so slightly.

He takes two steps forward and the hand atop Yu Sheng's head ruffles once again:

"Yes."

Yu Sheng: "......"

This person was actually able to answer that in such an unfazed manner. He didn't even try to make up an excuse.

In contrast, Yu Sheng's the one thrown off balance and doesn't even know where to begin.

Still unused to the feeling of being at another's mercy, Yu Sheng raises a hand instinctively to smack off the hand on his head.

Except, he falters just when he'd brought it up, and slowly brings it down again.

To be honest, even though the past is riling, it is still just that – the past. Now, when he thinks of the events long passed, there isn't much of anything that bubbles up.

Or rather. Since they've only just gone for a big group meal then proceeded to stuff themselves around the Night Market, besides feeling bloated, there truly isn't anything else he can feel.

But he does owe one to the hand which fed him.

After chomping down on the chicken cutlet, bread, and sweet potatoes Jin Linkun handed over to him, even if it turns out his roomie is showing early signs of Alzheimer's disease, he can only play along grudgingly.

......

Moreover, it happens to be a bit cold tonight.

The hand which has settled over his head is warm. Jin Linkun dips his head down ever so slightly. His eyes, too, are warm.

Ink black eyes slightly curved, he's peering at him with incredible patience.

Yu Sheng doesn't smack his hand off. Standing in the shadows hidden from the moonlight, while there's no one else around, he lets him do as he wishes and ruffle for a bit more.

There are no secrets within the Summer Camp.

Within two days, news of Team 2 and 7's match has already spread like wildfire.

By the end of those two days, the chit chat corner of the anonymous forum has already torn apart the reasons, aftermath, line-ups and team comparison for the match. Post after post springs up like shiitake flourishing in springtime.

Some bet. Some explain and estimate the odds for the match. There are also those who couldn't stop themselves from questioning the format of the Double-Twos VS Rubik's Cube & Sudoku Pro-Gamers + Recommended Student: Is this truly a result of luck? Or did one of them play dirty?

Yu Sheng finds none of these developments surprising.

If there's anything, the only thing that's out of his expectations is the over 50 posts which popped up over the course of these two days.

To think everyone accepted the setting of "Two teams are fighting for the right to use the toilet as a study place"...

"I guess we have truly fallen behind times."