40| His Oblivious Vengence

Começar do início

He ran up the stairs to their podium, tripping over his feet at the final steps when he ran to the top. He saw Violet, and she looked okay, but when his eyes focused on Donavan, laying on the floor.

The earth came crashing down on him.

Violets shattered eyes locked with his, her mascara ran down her face in messy streaks, and blood ran around her hands in a similar way.

His pulse went still and every organ seemed to stopped working as he stood completely still like the walls that surrounded him.

Violet sobbed and her shaken hands pushed frantically down the wound on Donavan's chest, "Archer, A-archer, h-he....was fighting h-h-him.." her words broke into a vicious scream and she cried.

Hearing her blood curdling cries, he finally managed to move his legs, but he felt like he was walking in water.

Archer fell to his knees on the other side of Donny, his skin was milky white, barely any color swirled around in his skin.

He grabbed him in his hands and looked at his face frantically, string felt as if it was winding and winding around Archers heart, getting tighter and tighter as a terrible pain started to squeeze at his stomach.

"Donny...Donny look at me." The old man barely could flutter his eyes open to look at Archer, but a smile broke out onto his cracked lips.

"M-my...my boy."

Archer looked down at the wound as Violet lifted her shaky hands from it and panic set in, he knew exactly where that knife had entered, where every organ was in that spot.

He knew exactly how hard it was to miss everything important.

"W-we need to get him out of here! Fast! Violet grab his legs-" Archer instructed sharply, survival coursing through his veins, when he was interrupted by a ghostly hand on his chest.

"The nearest hospital is an hour away." He stilled and looked down at Donavan's hand, "We both know this old goat isn't making it out of here boy."

A lurching cough punctuated Donny's words and pain washed over his face as he doubled forward into him.

"I'd rather just spend that time with you two." He whispered, "please."

Archer wrapped his arms around him as the string wrapped tighter and tighter around his heart.

He knew that was true, but his heart wouldn't accept it.

Violet sobbed next to him, doing everything she could to hold the blood into his wound. However, her hands were neither a dam, or a solution.

"Stop, don't you dare say that, you are not dying you idiot!" He screamed, wishing the tight weight on his chest wound let up, wishing it would stop the hot tears that steamed his eyesight.

Donny just smiled softly, and turned to Violet, he reached down slowly and put his other hand over hers.

"My d-darling Violet, I'll never be able to thank you enough." His words shook with every strained breath.

"D-donny, h-how could you say that. I'm thankful for y-you." She squeezed his hand tight, her eyes frantic to hold his.

Donny chucked but it turned into a pinched groan as he shook his head, "n-no dear. Thank you f-for being h-his person. I ne-never thought I'd find you again a-after all those y-years."

Her eyes widened, "I don't understand."

He just laughed weakly, "That b-ball, was not the first time you two met." Donny rasped out.