Chapter Thirty - Nine: Star Shopping

There was something about the Shie Hissaikai that intrigued Miya, something alluring, something mysterious and aggravating. She hated it.

It was all she was thinking about walking the early morning street somewhere in Yokohama on her way back to the skyscraper Tomura called home; How much she hates the Shie Hissaikai - or more accurately, Overhaul.

He has such a cute punchable face.

You can't even see it with that stupid bird, plague doctor mask that he wears.

I'd still punch his face.

Miya strolled the streets in casual wear and a plastic bag of steaming food swinging in her right hand. The takeaway server, and manager were nervous serving the infamous Stardust. They couldn't be rude or turn her away in fear that she might kill them. They prepared the noodles with shaky hands and even spilt one box all over the floor.

Miya just giggled watching.

Her earlier endeavour with Nainzu Wei Yun was all over the news, she even watched it on the small television they had above the counter. The cooks kept glancing from her to the screen.

(They know who you are. What a poor disguise.)

Recently, in the aftermath, Miya felt guilty for the first day, then she didn't feel anything, then she felt terrible and began to think that what she did was the worst mistake of her life. You've done worse. Then she thought that he deserved it for obvious reasons.

It's best not to think about it at all. So she curled it all up into a ball and threw it into the corner of her mind to have it roll back when her defences were down.

Miya peaked into the plastic bag and stole a string of noodle and lowered it into her mouth. She hummed in delight. It was mouthwatering. She couldn't wait to get back and eat.

Maybe I should have ate in that shop just to rub it in. That's plenty of time for the Heroes and police to be called.

Miya peered up at the buildings looming dangerously high over her head. I wonder what its like to fall from that height.

Is it normal to have intrusive thoughts? Maybe, maybe not. I could just kill that dude over there, or cause an accident on the road. There's nothing they could do.

A flash of red, before Miya could register, slammed into her, sweeping her off her feet and sent her across the street.

Someone screamed.

Miya's body slammed into a car door and it caved. The woman inside screamed and scrambled to the other side to make her escape with her young child in the back seat.

Miya coughed forcing air back into her lungs. She shook her head trying to comprehend what just happened.

Her hand was empty.

Her noodles!

A shadow loomed over and she looked up to see giant red wings spanned out. Hawks was a silhouette in the sun with feathers that seemed on fire through the rays of the morning sun.

Her heart fluttered in her chest. The one person she hoped to never see again, purely out of shame, was standing over her. "Hawks?" she smiled, sheepishly. "You're a very long way from Kyushu." she swallowed.

There was no smile on his face. Only a heavy scowl and disappointed eyes behind the yellow visor. Hawks

reached down with gloved hands grasping Miya's coat and hoisted her to her feet.