Chapter Eighteen: Lunar Eclipse

Transfer complete. Thank you for banking with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group!

Miya sighed in relief the transfer of money went smoothly through to her parents. She left no note with the transfer, no pre warning, no nothing. It was an impulse thing. But she felt better knowing the large sum would set her parents up after it was announced she is a Villain to the nation of Japan in three days. It would support any legal requirements, backlash, etcetera.

At least her parents would be financially safe.

"So?" says Fuji Tanaka. "Did you find who hacked your account?"

Miya set down her phone, acting upset. "No." she cried. "I went to the bank, they ID'd the person and everything. They genuinely thought it was me. Whoever it was, they're good. They took nearly three thousand yen!"

Miya sits down behind a security desk fitted with monitors. Fuji Tanaka stands over her shoulder looking at the screens with a scowl, and the scar on his left cheek lifted in strangled pulls of flesh.

"I've been doing sweeps all morning." she gestured to the screen. "Nothing. This person obviously has a mimic quirk of some sort. I've narrowed it down to people who have quirks similar in Shizuoka. So far, nothing. No one has a quirk that elaborate, so either they're not from here, or..."

"Why target you?"

"I'm heavily disliked if you haven't noticed."

Fuji Tanaka hummed deeply. He casted his eyes down onto Stardust, slumped over the table, chin resting in hand, eyebrows furrowed together in grief, and eyes scanning the screens. She seemed genuine, but as he expressed in the meeting yesterday; he has his doubts. And Hawks also expressed the same concern a few days earlier, supporting what Fuji Tanaka had to say.

(What a loyal employee.) he thinks, smugly.

So far, Stardust hasn't done anything drastic. They measured it down to another one of her rebellions. All they had to do was anxiously wait for something to happen.

"This is useless!" Miya slams her fist on the table, rattling the tin full of pencils, and catching the attention of other security detail. "The camera's loose my look-a-like on this junction, and then POOF, they're gone!" she slumped in her seat.

"Have you tried tracking the bag they were carrying?"

Miya paused. "Why didn't I think of that?" she flew forward typing furiously away on the key's. She reset the cameras to track the bag as Fuji Tanaka said.

"You should know these little tricks, Star."

"Guess I'm a little rusty." she sits back letting the computer do the work for her. She gazed up, "Are you gonna stand there all day? There's nothing interesting to look at."

"I would like to know who would dare target Stardust."

"And I'll let you know once I get a hit."

Fuji Tanaka turned to leave, when something caught his eye. Miya's boot that was propped up, had a strange modification, and it wasn't to the proper hero standard. The leather of the boot was freshly black and glossy, suggesting the boots were new.

He twisted back around, "Your shoes have spikes now?" he motioned, horrendously.

"Hm?" Miya tilted her head to look under the table. "Oh, yeah. You like them?" she fiddles with her nose ring.

"This is why the public don't like it when you fight. That can hurt people."

"That's the point. It's meant to hurt the bad guys." she states as if it were obvious, and continued to watch the cameras run their tests. "I get your head of security, but I've got this."