Chapter Seventy-Five: Moon Dust

Her breathing reverberates inside her skull. Her heart thunders in her ears. The sharp sting in her face is all she can think about. It throbs and Miya can feel it right down to the bone. Thick warm blood doesn't stop. It seeps over the left side of her face like thick sap. Her eye is screwed closed masked by blood and she's too afraid to try and open it.

Miya hisses in pain. It's nothing like she's endured before.

She tries to get to her feet, finding the floor swayed and she falls again. The wall behind her looms at her back and not even her hand can find balance. (Get up and fight.) the same voice from before tells her. Her breath is shaky. Iron invades her tongue. Metal stings her nose. Her body is a traitor and it gives away her pain.

"Look at you." Miss Electric appears in front of her. "Pathetic."

"Shut up." sneered Stardust. Blood stains her teeth. She glares up with her right eye, hunched between the wall and floor.

"I've been looking forward to fighting you. You know why?"

"Shut up."

Miss Electric casts a gleam down at the fallen rogue hero. The whip resting at her side. She very well knows that Stardust could roll her wrist and that would be the end of her. She knew the risk she was taking when Re-Destro asked her, Miss Electric, to take Stardust head on in battle should she show up. Why? she asked, Re-destro.

Miss Electric kneeled. One hand over her knee.

Because you are her one weakness, Re-Destro said.

"You're special, Stardust." Miss Electric's fingers sparked, and Stardust's right eye dropped to the sparks. "You seem so powerful and there's a tough facade you put up. It's all a lie, really. Because I am the one thing you cannot defeat. Your biggest weakness."

Stardust smiled through bloody teeth. In the face of death she is smiling at her. And the smiling turns into small laughter. Miss Electric looks on confused as Stardust laughed clutching her stomach. "You're so wrong!" she cackled. "If you think that is my weakness, you are dead wrong."

Miss Electric scoffed. In the face of death, Stardust was stalling. Electricity is the one thing the Commission was seen using to subdue Stardust in her outbursts. She was just lying, Miss Electric concluded.

"And it would have been an honour to end your life in he name of liberation." Miss Electric takes the whip in both hand ready to strangle Stardust. She lunged forward. Her wrist is bent back and Miss Electric screams. Electricity erupted from Miss Electric's body, travelling from her and through to Stardust's hand.

Miya's body stiffened and she felt her muscles lock up, yet, she kept her body moving. She flipped Miss Electric over her shoulder slamming her into the floor. Miss Electric gasped as Stardust bent back her arm even further and agony struck her face. (How is she doing that!?)

Miss Electric's body fell away into electricity and she zapped away. Stardust fell forward onto her hands and she gasped for breath. Her arms are now shaking terribly. Miss Electric appears behind Stardust and kicks. Miya stumbles forward falling into the tatami table. It smashed under her weight. "They used electricity to subdue you!" screamed Miss Electric. "How are you able to withstand my quirk like that!?"

"I told you..." Miya moved slowly. Her fingers wrapped around the table's broken leg. "I guess when you're faced with death, you'll do almost anything to live." She takes a wooden leg and swings it around just as Miss Electric went to move and the wooden leg cracks around her torso.

She falls into the ground and Stardust raises her boot. Miss Electric disappears and her boot slams into the mat where her head should have been. Her body is pushed forward and she falls into the ground with a flurry of darkness. She rolls back to her feet and swings her arm in frustration. She screams. Heat swells in her stomach and energy is dispersed from her suit in a ring.