Chapter Seventy-Six: Black Moon

Miya's head hangs over Dabi's arm as he carries her limp body. She can feel him moving. They're walking. There are voices speaking about her head. There's blood. Her body feels like it was rocking back and forth afloat on water. Her brain feels like it's rolling around inside her skull. She feels so wet. There's heat on her face. She must be at the beach. The sun is on her face, floating in the ocean.

"She's on sedatives."

Miya knows that gruff voice. She hums enjoying the warmth of the sun on her face.

"Bring the lamp closer and pass me those..."

"Who did this? I'LL KILL THEM!"

Miya also knows that voice. Isn't that nice of them... She dreams that her toes sink into the sand, waves gently lap at her feet. She was relaxing on the beach enjoying her holiday from hero work. "Hey." A voice she doesn't know speaks to her.

Her eyes open to the image of the sea. Waves crash onto the shore but there's no sound. "You need to wake up." the voice said, again. Miya turns her head under a large-brim hat. There's a man sitting next to her on the beach looking at her. He's wearing a white doctors coat. Her eyebrows cone together confused.

"What?" she said.

"You need to wake up." he said again.

"Why?"

"You've been asleep for awhile now." he told her. "Your friends are worried about you."

"My... friends?"

The doctor gestured to the ocean. "See all this? It isn't real. You're dreaming. I'm inside your head. So you have to wake up."

Miya looked back to the silent ocean waves. "If this is a dream, than why can't I stay here? It's relaxing. I don't have to worry about anything. Is there something I should be worried about?"

"I was told you have a fear of water."

"I'm not in the water, though."

When Miya looks at the doctor again, he was gone, and she was suddenly submerged in the water. She can feel her body falling towards something. The deeper she went the darker is got until the rays of sun dancing on the surface faded and she closes her eyes.

"Welcome back." the same voice says.

Everything felt so disgusting and sticky and sore. Gosh, everything was hurting. Just pain all around her body. "That's the way... come on back." the voice coaxed. It smells like cleaning detergent and strong cinnamon. Miya's right eye fluttered and struggled to stay open. The voice laughed at her. Miya licked her chapped lips and swallowed saliva to sooth her dry throat.

"Can you keep your eye open?"

Miya opens her eye, but the whiteness is too much. She tries again and this time she can open her eye halfway. The doctor in her dream is standing by the bed. "How are you feeling?" he asked. She blinks. "You will be feeling tired and sore, but we're here to get you back on track. The aftermath has left thousands in need of medical attention so we will try our best to give you all our attention." Miya's right eye followed as he circled the bed to check on something on the wall behind her. "I'll let you wake up." he beamed at her, before leaving.

But there was someone sitting next to her and he was looking at her with intense blue eyes. The bluest she's ever seen and she falls in love with them all over again. "What do you remember?" his gruff voice asked, softly.

She knows who he is. "Dabi?" she tested her voice. It was hoarse and dry.

"Yes." he replied.

"You have pretty eyes." she tried to smile, when she realised the left side of her face won't lift. Dabi's pupils widen and he diverts his gaze.