Chapter Twenty - Nine: Ephemeris

It was all over the news and trending pages. The story of U.A being attacked once again by an elite group that called themselves the Vanguard Action Squad of the League Of Villains. One Pro Hero, Ragdoll, missing, several students injured and hospitalised, and one student missing. Katsuki Bakugou.

And recently revealed as a devastating cover and shocking discovery, Stardust; ranked number 11, daughter of retired Hero, Kinetic, and employee of Hawks Hero Agency and the Hero Public Safety Commission, revealed to be in alliance with the League Of Villains.

Miya watched the screen on her phone in the dark alleyway behind the bar. The media swarmed Hawks Agency demanding answers. They managed to surround the Winged Hero when trying to leave the building of his agency. There was shouting from reporters, camera lights, and questions about conspiracy. The look on Hawks's face was one Miya hadn't seen. He didn't sport a cocky smile or wave and say hello.

"No comment." his large red wings opened, and he shot into the air to escape the media. Miya clutched her phone feeling her heart wrench.

"I'm sorry, Keigo." she said to herself.

Her picture was plastered all over the news and articles, there were people who said 'this is no surprise' while others speculated Stardust was kidnapped and brainwashed much like they did to Katsuki Bakugou.

7Japan News anchor expressed both surprise and shock, saying, "This will be a hard blow to the Hero society should it be revealed that Stardust is freely working with this organisation calling themselves the League of Villains. It may just be an eye opening event to expose just how flawed the Hero System is, if it's enough to drive a Hero into a Villain. This certainly won't the first, nor will it be the last."

"Certainly. There was no comment from Winged Hero Hawks, long time best friend and speculated lover to Stardust. It's certainly been a shocking discovery to the nation of Japan, beloved fans of Stardust, and even haters! But most shocking to Kinetic and his wife..."

Not wanting to hear the news about her parents, Miya scrolled through the article finding a commentary from Madam President of the Hero Public Safety Commission. She stood before a board meeting at a podium with many microphones and camera's clicking in the background.

"We are very shocked and surprised to hear this devastating news about our beloved Hero, Stardust. However, five days prior, before Stardust fell off the grid, we had rising suspicions of strange activity."

"So you can clarify Stardust's suspension wasn't extended. It was a cover up because not even you knew where she was."

"That is true, correct. We only said that because we didn't want the public to worry until we could get concrete evidence. Stardust is notorious for rebelling and 'running away' and this isn't the first time it's happen, but we never speculated something on this scale would happen."

Miya rolled her eyes. A written and planned speech, she thought to herself, how original.

"We are currently investigating every rumour, fact and piece of evidence that will lead us to the truth. Whether Stardust had been kidnapped by the League Of Villains and forced to cooperate, or unfortunately, as I regret to say; willingly working with the League Of..." before she could finish her sentence the reporters in the crowd began to shout questions.

"Madam President!" one reporter managed to take the stand. "What will happen if Stardust is willingly working with the League Of Villains?"

There was a heavy sigh from Madam President. "Then we will be forced to take drastic measures and our beloved Hero cannot and WILL NOT evade the law. She will be extradited and arrested." more shouts erupted from the crowd before another reporter managed to say above everyone else,