Chapter Thirty: Nebulae

"There was nothing in the apartment." Fuji Tanaka says, scanning over a folder of papers laid before him. "Personal belongings such as a laptop, phone, and Hero costume were the only items unaccounted for. Her bank account has been drained dry two weeks earlier. Regardless, her accounts - including socials, and mobile date have all been frozen."

Around the white oval table was all seven members of the Board, including Madam President at the head of the table, and Hawks at the other. He sat resting a closed fist on the table with the same folder each member possessed before them — his was untouched.

It stared at him unopened, haunting and teasing him. Daring him to look at the evidence against Miya. Daring him to take a peak. Daring him to face reality. (I don't wanna open it.)

OPEN ME AND FACE THE TRUTH.

His head fell into his gloved hands feeling a headache coming on. All this stress and over-thinking was bound to drive him mad.

"The tracker in Stardust's suit and arm where both removed, along with the tasers inbuilt to stop an outburst." Aoi Sakura says, dully. "The tracker in her arm and suit was found on a bullet train." she gestured to the ziplock bag on the table. "Which can only leave us to assume two points. Either the League cut it out, or she removed it herself."

"Yes," Fuji Tanaka replied. "The apartment was thoroughly searched. There was no sign of a struggle, forced entry, or a single spec of blood. Not even a fingerprint. So if members of the League was there, Stardust cleaned and wiped the apartment down. Do you see what she is doing, she is using what we trained her to do against us."

Madam President was unsettlingly silent. It made the others look at each other worried. Of course she was using her training against them. That's what she was trained to do. What else does Fuji Tanaka expect? It's all she knows, and it's all she's going to do.

(That gives us the advantage.)

She finally looked up from her head in her hand. "How did we let this happen?" she says, softly. "How did we see all the signs and do nothing?"

Silence filled the air. Hawks bowed his head.

(How did I miss all the signs?) Looking back, he was now only noticing the subtle words, gestures, and actions. I'm so stupid... I'm sorry, Miya. I could have helped you.

"If the speculations of Stardust turning rogue are true, we cannot announce this to the public until we have concrete evidence. She is to be considered an A-Rank threat." Kato Yokisho dared to speak up. "We also believe Stardust was involved with the League shortly after her suspension, leading up to the Toga Himiko incident, a confirmed member of the League since last night. Which only adds to the confirmation that she is working freely with the League. I think it started when they were spotted three blocks from her apartment.

It's evident now that they did in fact kidnap Star that night. Whether they tortured her, forced her, or blackmailed her to join and do their dirty work in unapparent."

Hawks clenched his jaw listening. None of this is true.

FACE THE TRUTH.

There was a humble sigh from another member. "I agree. We won't announce conviction until we have concrete evidence that Stardust is working with the League. If they have brainwashed her, we'll have to detain Star once the Police discover the location of their hideout. In the meantime, there's a special raid and rescue team being put together with select Heroes and All Might in the lead as we speak to rescue Katsuki Bakugou."

"If it is true..." Eito Goto implied his giant fluffy hand. "And Stardust has gone rogue, the League of Villains would have gained a very dangerous person and Quirk. We all know what she is like, and what she is capable of. As you said, she is an A-Rank threat. We raised her. We trained her. Star has the smarts, but lacks the capability to function within a unit. Her cooperation and working with others as a team will be her downfall. In the long run, I'm surprised Stardust is even cooperating with the League now."