Chapter Thirty - Seven: Super Giants

Blood dripped into the streets and ran like rivers. It gushed and rushed to reach a never ending point, swallowing anything in its path. It devoured without a mouth. Carved without tools. Ran without feet. And took with no mercy.

Miya finally broke the surface gasping for air. The blood clung to her like thick sap and pulled her back under. She turned and tumbled and rolled and couldn't stop herself. She couldn't breath but at the same time she was inhaling the blood. She herself stood at the summit bare for the world to see and drenched in blood.

"Do it." a voice said, in her ear.

She was a child again standing in an abnormally large room where the ceiling stretched and disappeared into darkness above, and the walls were so far apart, she couldn't reach them no matter how fast she ran. She always ended back in the middle. And in the middle was a person tied to a chair with a sack over their head.

"Do it." the voice said.

She raised her palm. Do what? She doesn't know what to do. She doesn't want to do it.

"Do it." the voice became aggressive. "Do it. Do it. Do it." It chanted over and over.

Blackness emerged from her palm engulfing the person and overtaking the giant room until Miya was all that was left.

Miya jumped awake as a small delivery truck groans up the alley and passes her. She tucked her feet in avoiding the wheels and hugged herself close. She closed her eyes concentrating on regulating her breathing and heartbeat.

She tried searching for Dabi to no avail and ended up falling asleep here in the early morning. Stretching her limbs, Miya painfully got to her feet and rubbed her aching back. It felt like she landed diagonally on a pole.

Her phone rang for the fifth time.

With a shaky hand, Miya brought the phone to her ear. "Hello?" she answered, and swallowed the bile sitting in the back of her throat.

"How are things, princess?" Giran's sly voice replied, over the static line. When there was no reply from Stardust, Giran cleared his throat and continued to talk, reminding himself she doesn't like being called that. "Tomura want's the League to get back together." he informed. "By any chance, do you where Dabi is? I couldn't get it out of Twice, so I thought you might know."

"Why would I know?"

"Well, aren't you two together? The last time anybody saw you both, you both walked out together, so I just assumed."

"Stop assuming." Miya glanced over her shoulder down the alleyway she was hiding in. She sighed. "Okay, fine. I was with him. We got separated." she paused to take a shaky breath. "So no, I don't know where he's gone."

Giran leant back into his leather chair behind the large oak desk with two computers and several phones laid out. "Did something happen?" He noticed the nervousness in her voice.

"Uh, sorta." was her reply. "I may or may not have just accidentally killed someone."

Giran flew forward in surprise. "No way!" He shouted more excited than Miya was expecting. She looked at the phone surprised. "How was it? What happened?"

"Why don't you turn on the news." Miya spat through the phone.

"Ah, look." Giran said, smoothly. "Don't worry about a thing, princess. There's a first time for everything. Try to find Dabi, I'm sure he'll help you out with your current dilemma. And then get your asses back to the warehouse tonight."