Chapter Three: Binary Star

Buzzing. There was a buzzing sound. Was it a bee or a fly? It's a bee. It sounds like a bee. An annoying, persistent bee that wondered in through the window. Why can't it go away, the window's open — the window is open!

Miya shot straight up with a thumping heart, in an unfamiliar room, on a sofa, with an aching back, and throbbing head. The blinds were drawn shut allowing snippets of sunlight to penetrate the room with golden rays. There was a small table in the middle of the room, a kitchen to one wall, a mounted tv, and Miya's duffle bag.

Where is she?

Miya gazed down to her body laid on the sofa, a single surge of energy was coursing its way around her suit since she jumped up so quickly. The carbon fibre suit is made from spandex, neoprene, mixed with polypropylene for flexibility, durability, and protection from her own Quirk. Years of experimenting led to this mixture. The tailors at Detnerat claimed the suit to be thermal, resistant to water, able to absorb small impacts, and long-lasting wear and tear.

Miya had plenty of scars and injuries growing up just by training.

The buzzing was back. Miya stood to her feet noticing her combat boots neatly placed to the side, with her knee pads. She approached the small round table where her phone was inching its way to the edge with each ring. A groan escaped her throat seeing the contact as CEO. The phone stopped ringing, and the screen showcased three missed calls from CEO. All the horrible memories of last night's events (if it was last night) hit her like a train, dousing her mood like a damp cloth.

The ticking of a clock filled the room, adding to Miya's confusion. 10:26 am. The news outlets usually did a seminar at 11 O'clock. Miya ran a hand through stressed blonde hair, wondering where she was. The last thing she remembers was seeing Best Jeanist. Curious, Miya switched on the tv, standing in the middle of the room with a mouth agape, watching Japan 7News, trying to piece together last night.

(Why can't I remember?)

"—Thank you for tuning in, and welcome to Japan 7News. To recap this morning's report for those who missed out, or were on their way early to work. At quarter to midnight, last night, a terrible incident occurred on Shibuya Street, Tokyo, between an illegal street race, over twenty bystanders, and Pro Hero Stardust."

They pasted Her picture on the screen behind the reporter.

"In what resulted in twenty-three people injured and hospitalised, four being small children, was the sudden out-of-control situation where a driver crashed into a convenient store, trapping the driver beneath the rubble. Ultimately, forcing Pro Hero Stardust to use her Quirk, Dark Matter, to save lives, resulting in disastrous injuries."

A shaky video clip played on screen. Miya watched last night's events unfold before her eyes a second time. She watched herself hurl the crowd in two as the car smashed through the convenient store. She listened to the cries and screams of people as the camera turned too shaky to make a clear image. It was pure chaos.

"The driver was left in critical condition, having broken an arm, both legs, and receiving minor head injuries. Those injured by Stardust have escaped, alive and well. So far, the Hero Public Safety Commission has nothing to say on the matter. We have neither been able to get into contact with Best Jeanist or his agency, Genius Office, in Tokyo, on the whereabouts of Stardust after he apprehended her last night before attempting to attack our reporter on scene. However, the victims of last night's tragedy have a different opinion regarding the 22 year old Pro Hero. Could this possibly affect her Hero ranking as number 11, after the hateful comments?"