Chapter Fifty - Six: Gibbous

Tomura crushed his phone in his palm and it crumbled into dust. The League looked on with concern and curiosity after his call with Giran. His body was shaking and he was scratching his neck furiously. Miya casted Dabi the same look he gave her.

"What happened, Tomura?" asked Toga, examining the shine of her knife before putting it back under the cloth.

"They've captured Kurogiri!" Tomura threw a chair and it rebounded off the floor-to-ceiling windows. Miya watched as the window wobbled threatening to smash. Thankfully they were thick windows.

"How did they capture him?" Miya felt a sharp pain in her lower back and grimaced. Dabi glanced at her.

"During the Yakuza raid." Tomura clenched his fists. "While we were busy destroying Overhaul they captured him up in the mountains!"

"No way man... what was he even doing in the mountains?" Twice's leg was bouncing furiously. "What the hell do we do now!? Our escape route has been captured by the Heroes! I'll kill them all!"

"Fuck." Miya cursed. This time her stomach twisted painfully. "They would have sent him straight to Tartarus. There's no way we can rescue him even if we tried - hn." she explained through clenched teeth. She rubbed her stomach through the diamond window in her suit, trying to ease the pain. She assumed it was her menstrual pain playing up.

"Have you ever been to Tartarus?" spat Tomura, scratching his neck.

"No, but..." the pain grew stronger, and Miya nearly doubled over. She felt vomit climb up her throat. She licked her lips and swallowed it back down. "I don't have to have been there to know what it's like in there. I never actually had a reason to go, so, but I've heard stories. They have cell blocks beneath the ocean waves for the baddest of the bad. They would have All For One at the very bottom in Maximum. I can assume they might keep Kurogiri in the same condition."

Tomura was scratching his neck like a cat sharpening his claws on a post. "That leaves us vulnerable." This was obviously taking a big toll on Tomura, especially after losing his Master, he's now lost his second in command. His mind must be racing like a NASCAR car taking corners at god knows what speed.

Miya stepped back. Her eyes were throbbing in her skull and the floor tilted. She felt like passing out and the pain was getting worse. Her stomach was convulsing and twisting inside and her uterus felt like it was using her as a punching bag. "I have to go." she managed to say, short of breath, and hurried for the bathroom at the end of the corridor.

Miya slammed the door behind her, flipped the lock, and fell over the toilet. The contents of her stomach forced its way up her throat and out her mouth. She groaned horribly over the toilet seat, spitting the last of it out, and pressed down on the flush.

Miya wiped her mouth feeling somewhat better and tried to get to her feet. Her pelvis contracted and she fell back onto her kneepads clutching her stomach in pain. A breath escaped her in waves and her legs felt wet.

(What's happening to me!?)

Miya unzipped her suit and slipped out of it, taking her knee pads and boots off too. She was horrified. There was dark blood smothered down her inner thighs. Another sharp and terrible pain forced her over and she grasped the yellow-tinted tiled wall for support. Miya grimaced biting her lip, trying to keep in painful groans, her nails tried to carve into the tiles like chisels. Her breathing turned rapid and heavy.

It was becoming more frequent now. The convulsing and twisting pain in her stomach and lower back. It felt like her stomach was balling into a fist, clenching and unclenching. Hot flushes washed over her body, tingling her skin as if bugs were crawling in her blood.