Chapter Seventy-Seven: Radio Galaxy

Coming through the black goop came with emotions Miya wasn't expecting to be feeling - now or forever. She was stumped, standing in the dark on some rooftop in Fukuoka city. Freezing wind hits her warm face and the water in her eyes glassed over. She just knows Hawks can feel her heart racing in her chest and it wasn't because of him, it was the black duffle bag at his right foot.

"Are either of you going to tell me what the fuck is going on?" Miya motions between Dabi and Hawks.

"Hey!" chirped Hawks, as if he didn't have to fight the High-End they unleashed on his city. As if he wasn't a double-agent using Miya to infiltrate the League of Villains. "How have you guys been lately? Staying warm I hope?"

Dabi takes a slow step forward. He's wearing his old raggy black pants and a jacket with a hood and high collar. "Cut the crap." he spits. His eyes are focused on the large duffle bag.

Miya folds her arms. She refuses to take a step. "It's freezing, Dabi, what are we doing here?" She was severely annoyed and cold. Her face hurts and she was tired. Hawks noticed she wasn't wearing her suit. She was wearing a tracksuit set, and he can't see the glow of her suit underneath.

Dabi shrug's his shoulder at her. "She always been this grumpy?" he asks Hawks, with a snide chuckle.

Hawks laughs, rubbing the back of his head. He's not really sure how to respond in fear of both them doing something very unwise.

"Don't answer that." spits Miya. Her glare is at Dabi. She's looking around the dark rooftop. There's no light up here in the clouds. Not even a passing plane. She can't see a camera or anything suspicious. "Seems clear." she tells Dabi.

He nods having his answer and he kneels by the duffle bag. "So you really did pull through, huh, Number Two?" He just has to say the tittle, just to rub it in some cruel way. Like alcohol to an open wound. He wants the screaming painful reaction, but Hawks is only calm.

There's an exasperated laugh from Miya. She turns on her heel rubbing her chin with her back to them and she's looking over Kyushu. She know's whats in the bag. How many times has she disposed of some person in a bag just like that one? She doesn't want to acknowledge that the bag is there and that its real. Her eyes are playing a trick. Its the medicine getting to her head. It's just a black mound in the darkness.

"What?" Dabi rolls his eyes, knowing Miya wants to say something.

She scoffed. "I can't fucking believe you."

A breathy laughs leaves him.

Feeling the tension rising between them, Hawks laughs softly. "What the hell happened in Deika? It was you guys right?" he tries diverting the subject. Since waking up, Miya has only seen the devastating attack on Deika City on the news. But what surprised her was the people LYING. They told reporters that a small group of hero-hating people attacked the city, and the citizens stepped up to protect their home.

Miya spins on her heel with a finger pointed at Hawks so suddenly he taken back. "We ask the questions, remember?"

He holds up his gloved hands. "Sorry." he managed to say. Never had he expected that. He was going into this mission thinking Miya is his friend, that he can count on her, when the reality of it was the opposite.

Her attention is back on Dabi. "Who's in the bag?" She doesn't get a response. She looks at Hawks, flailing her arms in question. "Who's in the fucking bag?!"
Hawks blinks.

Dabi draws open the zipper. Its an ugly sound of plastic pulling apart. "Hah." He can't help the laugh. The smell of decay hits Miya's nose like a stick of urine and she wants to gag from ten feet away. It's sweet and pungent like cheap perfume and rotting eegs. The oder is strong, heavy and cold and it sits on her nostril hairs to multiply later. She can't pinch her nose without still smelling it.