Chapter Forty - Seven: Sidereal Time

Miya is seated inside a room and was told to wait. For what exactly? All it seemed like was a typical doctor's room without the skeletal posters. Plain grey walls add to her boredom as she swings herself on the swivel chair. She gets up after a minute of spinning and she is looking at the equipment neatly organised on the bench. She opens the tops shelves to see other equipment and she closes it again.

No cameras in here. Good.

Miya strolls around the room to a chair in the centre. An operating chair of sorts. The stench of strong chemicals burns her nose. There are LED lambs stationed over the chair and at the wrists and ankles are restraints.

The door opens and Miya turns to greet the intruder. Overhaul tell her to sit and he heads for the bench.

"Where?" she asked, watching him as he walked.

"On the chair." he said, his back to her, as he prepared something out of her sight.

Miya turns herself and seats herself on the chair and leans into it to find herself looking at the far corner of the ceiling. "What is this for?" she questioned.

Overhaul never answered her. "I need to extract a sample of your blood to run some tests." when he turns to face Miya in the chair, there is a vile and a needle resting on the bench by his gloved hand. His narrow eyes gleam down at her. "You'll need to take your arm out." he ordered her.

Miya chuckled softly. "If you wanted me to undress you could have just said that." she sits up to unzip the top half of her suit and manoeuvres both arms out of their sleeves. The cold air hits her skin and she shivers. So used to the tightness and comfort the suit brings her her scars feel like an exposed wound and her posture shrinks.

"Good luck finding a vein." she presented her right arm to Overhaul. Crap, she forgot about the wounds on her left and she actively hides her forearm against her waist.

He glares down at her. "You didn't think I could tell an incision from an injury wound?" he refuses to touch her outstretched arm as of yet. Miya's eyebrows come together in annoyance when he said, "What did most of those?" They were all over her body. He could see them on her chest, parts of her shoulder and back.

"My quirk." she quickly said. "Are you gonna do what you want, or what?"

"Show me the other one. How do you expect me to take a good sample from you?"

"No."

Overhaul becomes very quiet. He reaches out to her and on instinct Miya jumps back. The lamp above her head flips on and Overhaul is still looking at her intently. "Arm." he holds out his gloved hand. Her eyes float from his hand to eyes and back to his hand. She turns in the chair bringing up her right arm to hover just above his hand. Overhaul's hand takes a tight grip around her elbow and he brings the lamp overhead.

He studied her in a strange way. Turning her arm slowly watching the way the scars rotated with her skin. Finding a vein to prick was indeed going to be hard, but not impossible. The most important spots on her arm to draw blood have either been damaged or scarred. How disgusting to be blemished like that.

Overhaul clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"What?" Miya asked. "Too hard?" she sneered. "What do you even need my blood for? You better not use it for something. I am not contesting to be your guinea pig and I know you said something about a girl and using her blood to make the drug that you are using so I don't know how you are going to do something like that with my blood. It's useless."

Overhaul's yellow eyes glanced up. "You talk too much when you get nervous."

"I do not!" she bites her tongue.