Chapter Thirty - One: Celestial coordinates

"You spoke about keeping the students safe, Eraserhead, But according to our information you encouraged them to fight during the attack putting them in grave danger. What was your reasoning for this?"

"I concluded that because we didn't know the full situation. Allowing them to use their Quirks helped avoid the worse possible outcome."

"And what would that outcome be? Do you think 26 victims and one kidnapped child is a win for U.A High?"

"I assure you that things could have gone much more poorly. I fear every student would have been tortured or killed in the end."

Principle Nezu then said. "Most of the victims were harmed by the gas attack. We've determined it to the result of a poisonous Quirk used by one of the Villains. It's thanks to the quick actions of miss Kendo and Tetsutetsu, the injuries were kept to a bare minimum. Additionally we're providing mental health counciling to every student. At the moment we do not see any signs of serious psychological trauma."

"So you've found a bright spot in this tragedy?"

"We're relived that an entire class of burgeoning Heroes still have a future."

"Can you say the same thing for the abducted Katsuki Bakugou? He enrolled into your school with excellent marks and went on to win the Sports Festival. Before that he survived the attack of a powerful sludge Villain who eventually was taken down by All Might. The boy is obviously strong and Heroic.

On the other hand the violence he displayed in the finals and attitude at the award ceremony shows he cannot control his temper. What if this is the real reason the Villains kidnapped him? What if they're brainwashing Bakugou right now, pulling him towards the path of evil. How can you sit there and tell us he still has a future."

Aizawa rose from his seat and bowed. "As Katsuki Bakugou's teacher, I take full responsibility for not taming his violent behaviour. However, his actions at the Sports Festival was born of his deep seated convictions. He's trying harder than anyone in his pursuit to become the top Hero. If the Villains think they have a chance with him, they are grossly mistaken, I can guarantee you that much."

"That doesn't amount to real evidence, I didn't ask how you feel, I asked if you had concrete information."

There was a snide chuckle from Bakugou watching the live feed for the small tv across the bar while still locked in Stardust's arms. "Did you hear the teachers?! They get me more than I thought. I'll never join your League of bastards!"

Bakugou knew each member standing before him, even the rogue Hero detaining him from behind wouldn't dare harm him. They mounted that massive attack, told him what they wanted, and now was his chance. He needed to take the most powerful players down and quick, especially the rogue Hero behind him, to make his escape.

"We may not be at camp, but I'm still allowed to fight!" Bakugou shouted, with twitching hands ready to make explosions.

"So he's figured out he's important to us," said Magne. "What a clever boy."

"No." replied Dabi. "He's just an idiot."

Toga clapped her hands, "Let me stab him!"

"A clever performer would have acted like we were winning him over." Compressor stated, with a new black and white striped mask. "Now that he's broken character he's finished."

"I'll do whatever I want to, and I won't pretend otherwise! I'm tired of being surrounded by a bunch of lame ass wannabe's and a traitor!"

Tomura's hand twitched. "Father..." and began to raise his hand.