Chapter Sixty-Eight: Newton's First Law of Motion

Days passed as a blur of serenity that bled into each other as the hours went by. Each day seemed to be the same on repeat in each city they moved onto. It was one big giant loop thought to never end. Please, just something interesting happen. She would plead inside her bored mind hoping whatever would hear and throw in some drama, something fun to do, or an obstacle to overcome at least.

Obstacles.

Annoying things to get past. A thing to hurdle, jump over, duck, fly, whatever your preferred method. It's a persistent object you need to get around and away from, but in this case the obstacle kept coming back in her path deliberately to make her angry. And just when you thought you got rid of it, outran it, hid from it. It always managed to find its way back to you like a bloodhound on a scent. And to make matters worse like a bad day in the pouring cold rain with no umbrella; the obstacle was a person. A person who would not leave Stardust alone.

Like the ocean who bent over to the moon with every command and mood. Where Stardust went, they were there. Every move she made, they would move too. Give the charmer a spoon and he would work the metal into a ring. Give a piper a pipe and he would play you a song. Give an ordinary man power and he would abuse it.

They took her appearance. They stole her identity and chose to run rampage through the city all because she denied them. It was like telling a child the very bad word they hated to hear, the trigger word that would set off alarms and missiles. Dampening the sky into a black cloud like the mouth of a cave and snuffing out the sun.

"No."

So they screamed and cried and swore vengeance. It was amusing. It was like sitting at a circus watching the clowns make fools of themselves as they danced and paraded their embarrassment while thumping their great big shoes as the whole crowd laughed.

So once the show was over and the lights went out, Stardust went on the hunt for her impersonator. She stormed through the city after them in a fury and rage of lighting. Her steps were thunder, her eyes were fire and her yellow hair was that of a field of daisies. Her fists said otherwise. Hurricanes collided in a clap of power and nothing but a tail to tuck between their legs.

In one fell swoop like a bird coming out of the skies in a sudden movement of swift speed with the wind that carried it to scoop up its prey, the cold touch of smooth metal pierced her hand in a sudden jab of anger and she roared. Miya's fingers splayed over the table nails digging in and coated in fresh blood. Dark Matter exploded from around her hand and all she could do was use her other hand as a shield as it bounced around the hideout shooting through walls, objects and some of the surrounding people.

Dabi had taken refuge by ducking behind her.

Their bodies jerked in odd ways as Dark Matter sprayed the hideout littering the walls with holes. The man in front of her whose arm turned into a sharp blade had been struck first. His eyes were open in shock, blood rolled from his mouth. A gaping hole in his body. He slumped on the table mouth gaping like a fish, arm bent at an angle with the tip through Miya's hand and coming out the bottom of the table.

Miya continued to scream in pain clutching her wrist. The knife had her pinned to the table well and truly good. There was a wave of intense heat and blue flames curled around Miya as if to caress her gently but weren't allowed any further. Instead, they engulfed the three Yakuza gang members standing around the room, two of whom had been pierced by the explosion of Dark Matter and were bleeding out anyway.

Dabi had just put them out of their misery.

Miya sucked in a painful breath, punching the table with her other hand and groaned in pain. She hurled under the table keeping a hand on her knee for stability taking in long deep breaths.