Chapter Twenty-Four: Nuclear Fusion

The night after. Wednesday, HSPC headquarters, Shizuoka, 7:34pm.

"She disappears around here." Fuji Tanaka motioned to the picture on the projector screen. A red circle outlined the rough location of Stardust's last known active position at Shizuoka Train Station. "She plants the devices on the train and heads into the woman's bathroom, where she does not re-emerge."

"Then where could she have gone?" Aoi Sakura questioned, adjusting the spectacles on her little nose, gazing at the screen. "That was five days ago."

"She's in league with someone who has a teleportation Quirk," Eito Goto spoke for the first time this meeting. The fuzz of his black and white fur pokes through the gapes in his suit, and he blinked tiny black eyes. "That's the only explanation."

"The League of Villains is in possession of just that." Kato Yokisho says. "Kurogiri, his name is. We believe he is Tomura Shigaraki's second in command."

"Would Stardust really be in league with the... League of Villains?"

"There always that chance."

"We're speaking of treason of the highest form!" sang Saburo Hashimoto, and his head fell into his palms dramatically. "How could we let such a legion steal Star? Are we that much to blame?"

Madam President pinched her nose.

"From the very beginning." she says. "I've had a feeling. I've been suspicious of her strange behaviour. Hawks said the same thing. The evidence was there when the League was spotted attacking her, and we ignored it."

The table fell silent.

"We have multiple scenarios. Either they did kidnap her, tortured her, threatened her to do their dirty work. Or they took a sample of her blood and is using the girl to transform into Stardust; so this Star we're looking at might not even be the real one. They could have removed the tracking devices themselves and planted them on the train to throw us off. Or..."

Fuji Tanaka lifted an eyebrow. "Or?"

"Or, they convinced her to join them."

The same look of worry and concern flashed across the seven members of The Board. They looked at each other across the white oval table. It was a terrible, and possible truth.

"Like you said, they could have tortured her, threatened her, or brainwashed her to join." Aoi Sakura reassures the table. "The worst possible thing they could have done is kill her, take her blood to transform into her shape, or turned her into a Nomu."

The image of Stardust sitting in a dark room, roped to a chair, head slumped, blood dripping from her face, sickly pale skin, and blonde hair plastered to her head in sweat; haunted Madam President. It sent her heart into a sick race. The mere thought made her stomach churn.

Miya fitted the earpiece to her left ear and brushed her yellow hair over. She sighed deeply taking a seat behind a tree to hide from the League. The entire night she could feel the constant vibration of her phone from her boot. Her leg bounced in the position she sat, and her wrists lazily hung over her knees.

The throbbing in her pinkie returned, pulsing like a slow beat.

In her head, she tried to guess how many messages and phone calls she has in her phone, now left untouched for almost five days.

VVVVVRRRRRRRRR.

Her hand unzipped the compartment in her boot and she free'd her phone. There was a collective 45 missed calls from the Commission, Hawks, and her parents. And double the messages. How am I going to get through all of this? she thinks, opening her phone.