Chapter Thirty - Four: Asteroid

Miya stood outside a shop window staring at the television screen on the other side. She watched the media explode before her eyes, she watched the news anchor flicker off and on the screen from different images and videos recapping last nights tragedy only hours ago.

The street was dark and only one person had walked by the unsuspecting rogue Hero at 4:22 in the morning of Yokohama's suburban streets. The light of the televisions danced across Miya's face as she stared at the subtitles, waiting for Dabi to return.

(Holy shit. I've really done it...)

The reporters had gone from speaking about All Might's retirement and what troubles that would bring regarding crime and Villainy. To the succession of Endeavour now named Number One.

There was a vibration coming from the phone in hand and she glanced down thinking it was Tomura, but upon seeing HAWKS, her finger hesitated over the green button, before switching to the red.

Hawks was surprised when the call was cut short. He looked at the screen. She was out there somewhere watching him ring, and had the audacity to hang up. It at least told him she was okay.

Miya turned her attention back to the television.

'The Hero Public Safety Commission had only announced hours after the battle in the Kamino Ward, that Stardust has turned to the 'dark side'.'

'The pile of evidence just can't be ignored. The reports from students and Pro Hero's such as Gran Torino, Kamino Woods, and All Might himself, are just astronomical...'

'They say she's not brainwashed or being forced to work with the League in anyway. Former fans of Stardust speculate there is something larger happening behind the facade of the name Hero or Villain. Speculations that the Hero Commission had been mistreating Stardust, may be true. We tried to get comment from Hawks, he had nothing on the issue.'

'The Board of the Commission revealed those only to be rumours. How many stories have we covered of past incidents with Stardust in regarding her bad temper, and Quirk. The perfect example would be the Shibuya Incident earlier this month. She already had the capability to be a Villain. She never got along with colleagues, never was able to work with other Heroes, had terrible media image. Aren't all those attributes required to be a Hero...'

(Don't stand too long.)

A large arm slammed into her side and forced her feet one in front of the other. "Don't stay in the open, idiot." Dabi scolded, guiding her away. "Are you trying to get caught?"

The suburb street might be quiet, but that never meant there isn't a chance at being spotted by someone. Her Hero suit was recognisable since her picture was all over the news. All it would take is one person.

She was given a water bottle. "Where did you get this?" she asked.

"Does it matter?"

"No."

Miya was contemplating where to go. She lost her apartments in both Shizuoka and Kyushu, no doubt - now crawling with police, or bugged, waiting for her to return.

She can't go back to her parents - they'll be expecting that. Not only, she'll put them in danger. Miya could imagine how her father would react to seeing her after hearing the news.

If there was one thing he hated more than Yui's coffee making skills, it was Villains.

Dabi's voice brought her back to reality. "Never been on the streets before? Welcome to my world. If you're going to follow me, stay out of my way, and stay out of trouble. We can't attract attention to ourselves."