Chapter Four: Phenomenon

Miya Kurotaiyo was seated at a large white oval conference table, in a large conference room with panned windows lining the far wall to show the view of Shizuoka City that afternoon, with a low sun sitting on the horizon. In a seat opposite to her, was the Commissioner General of the police force.

The Commissioner was a middle-aged man with dark grey hair, a black suit and stern eyes. He sat across the large oval table from the Dark Hero, Stardust, staring with a heavy frown until Madam President finally entered the conference room with an intern trailing close behind with a clipboard and a pile of folders in her arms.

Miya's hollow eyes followed Madam President as she circled the room to stand at the head of the table, and straighten her blouse. She was a woman of great power and position. Her yellow hair was straight at her shoulders, stern, but slightly slanted eyes. A large pearl necklace, a pencil skirt, and ageing fare skin.

"Twenty-three people injured and hospitalised, four being small children." announced Madam President sitting at the head of the table, the intern at her right shoulder. "Not to mention the reporter you nearly blasted into next week."

Miya heaved heavily resting her head on the seat so that her chin was facing the ceiling and crossed her arms like a child being scolded.

"One convenient store destroyed. Two illegal vehicles damaged and impounded." Madam President sifted through the folders the intern laid on the white oval table. "Are you aiming for a new high score?"

"Yes." muttered Miya sarcastically. "Let's see how many people I can hurt. Do a round up tally, I'm curious to know the overall score."

"Not only, this morning on your way back to headquarters, you got into a fight with a group of young men and girls on the train, who accused you of hurting their friend, who happened to be the man who drove into the store." Madam President laced her fingers over the table.

"They started it!"

"Star, you got into a street fight on the train, with civilians, who you seriously injured. Two hours ago! You're making The Commission look bad, once again. You are supposed to be the Hero, and the responsible young lady, who does not engage in fist fights with teenagers all because they were 'bad mouthing' you."

Miya snorted with the shake of her head. "They threw the first fist." she exclaimed. "So I did what any normal person would do. I fought back. This being the 'Hero' is bullshit."

The Commissioner General who sat opposite of the Hero, and who hadn't taken his eyes off her, scowled. "Do you think this is funny?" he seethed. "Do you think hurting people is funny?"

Miya sat up and placed her elbows on the table, and a clear scowl. "No. What I think is funny, is the way you handle this entire situation." she flailed her arms around. "Instead of going out there and doing something, instead of sending me out there to make it up to these people, you drag me in here, to talk about all the wrong things I've accomplished in life. Let's look at all the good I've done... oh, wait." she leant back into her seat, folding her fingers around the armrests, and shrugged, waiting for the President and Commissioner's response.

"The good you have done?" repeated Madam President, with an amused chuckle. "We are not here to talk and praise the good you have done. We are here to talk about the incident in Tokyo last night, and this mornings event on the train. Look at your knuckles, Star! Does that make you proud?"

"It does make me proud." Miya lifted her fists to reveal them bloody and bruised. She planted a kiss on both hands. "Say hello to my little friends. Thunder and lighting. Because this fist..." she raised her right fist. "Claps you so hard, you never see the left coming."