Chapter Seventy-One: Gravity

Sometimes you need a reality check when your head gets too high up in the clouds. The life we live is not sugar, sweets, or candy. It's dark, cold, and isolated deep into space. Light years away from the nearest star. It's looking for scraps of food in the trash, it's being unclean for months at a time. Stained in the blood of those killed. It's the mind that is the darkest place. The things we have to do in order to survive, to keep peace and trust, are sometimes unspeakable.

No. I'm not talking about Villains.

I'm talking about Heroes.

It carries on and never ends. The bloodshed, I mean. For every person that I've killed in the name of 'keeping peace' or protecting society, I would be sitting on the throne of Hell, as a Hero. But as a Villain, I'm sitting on top of the world trying to undo what has been done. Trying to FIX this world, this society, this place we live. I wasn't the first in the Program to have turned rogue; to turn to villainy. And I sure as hell won't be the last.

Miya wiped off dried blood around the stitches in her shoulder, biting down on her lip and scrunching her nose. She dropped the bloody tissue into the sink and washed her fingers. Dabi was behind her in the mirror tending to his staples in his stomach with only pants and damp hair. He ripped a few in the shower having sex with Miya. She thought it was funny, so he put his thumb into her shoulder.

Dabi hissed, recoiling his hands, and quickly recovered. Miya looked at him through the mirror. His jaw was wound tight in frustration. She turned around and took his hands away. Dabi looked at her. She pressed her hand to the scars running horizontally across his stomach and pinched the staple that refused to come out; even after being cut with the medical scissors. Miya quickly kissed Dabi catching him by surprise and she ripped out the staple.

He roared in pain stumbling back.

"It's out." she stated, holding up the piece of metal.

Dabi growled at her pressing tissue paper to the freshly bleeding wound. Miya loaded the staple gun and held it out for him. "Do you want me to do it?"

He snatched it from her hand. Miya turned back into the mirror watching him from there. Studying the way his burns patterned his fragile body. The way the staples cruelly tugged at his sore skin. She felt sorry for him.

IT BURNS.

MAKE IT STOP.

Miya takes in a breath, burying the thought. "Giran refuses to answer his phone." she implied, pulling at her eye and applying the eyeliner she stole from Adamma to her waterline and smudging it with her finger. "I don't know if he's being an arrogant bastard or what...?"

"Why do you need Giran?"

"I need a new phone, idiot. I can't keep using the one you don't use."

A large figure then stepped into the doorway like a shadow. A mutant man standing at 6'2, with the features of a Doberman. He looked terrifying, yet gorgeous at the same time. Miya and Dabi turned to the man in the door who deeply said, "So, you're the League of Villains, grr." his pointed ears stood on straight ends, brushing the top of the doorframe. He resembled the Egyptian god, Anubis, as if he was trying to casually blend into Earth and act as a human. It wasn't working.

"What of it?" snarls Dabi. He looks the tall mutant up and down, ready to pounce.

The Doberman turns his beady eyes to the patched Villain. "This is my house, woof, you're the ones intruding." then he turns to look at Miya, who was only wrapped in a towel. She smiles in the mirror. The doberman looked her up and down.