Chapter Thirty - Six: Tidal Force

They landed on the curb. Miya having taken the brunt of the fall. Her vision twisted into doubles and her ears were ringing. Her mouth was agape begging for a speck of breath that her lungs were deprived of. She could see Dabi's lips moving but couldn't hear what he was saying. She could see people inside the pokey store scramble for their lives around them, ignoring that they were sprawled on the street as fire raged throughout the building.

Sweet breath touched her lungs finally and Dabi pulled her upright. "Breath, damn it!" he held her jaw in his hand, keeping her head craned up.

"I h... h-hate..." she gasped, "being right."

Dabi hauled her to her feet, leaning her weight into him. Sirens screamed in the distance and he could see heroes already moving in. Dabi pulled Miya with him back into the alley beside the building that exploded. He guided her around, making a great escape into the shadows of the dark back streets.

He kept going as far as he could no matter how much Miya complained. He took them as far away from the explosion as possible.

"I have to stop." Miya cried. Her step fell behind him. Her back ached. Her ears are bleeding.

Dabi helped ease her to the ground. Her suit was glowing brightly after absorbing the kinetic energy from the blast. Its the brightest he's ever seen it glow and here in the dark where they were trying to hide, they stuck out like a sore thumb.

"We can't stay here." He idly rubs her back, trying to help the oxygen back into her system.

"I'll be fine, thanks for asking." she breaths heavy. The purple glow made Dabi's eyes seem dark, sunken and void-less. "I'm gonna find him, and I'm gonna kill him. It was activated by a remote, I could see it. It was detonated. It was a fucking trap the whole time, and we walked into it. That, or the police set it up."

"If the police were involved they would have come out quicker."

"So it's just the Yakuza's fault, is it? They barely exist anymore."

"Get on your feet." Dabi commands.

(On your feet soldier) a voice repeated in her head. Many memories alike replayed; she got beat down to her knees, into the ground, and was told to get back up and finish the fight even though she just wanted to give up and stay down.

Miya painfully obeyed, using him to lift herself and pursued.

"Can't you turn the suit off?" he asked, annoyed by it.

"I'll loose the energy."

"It's glowing bright. You'll attract too much attention."

"Is there somewhere we can go?"

Dabi stopped and turned, leaning down to her eye level. "Where?" he snarled, in her face, flailing his arms. "Where the fuck do you want to go?"

Miya blinked. The ringing in her ears still hadn't stopped. "You're so mean." Her head dropped forward into his shoulder much to his surprise. Dabi stiffened glaring his eyes from the corner. He grasped her firm shoulders and stood her up straight. "We're going to find that fucker, and we're going to kill him."

"We don't even know his name or how to find him. But I can manage something if we get some Internet."

Nainzu Wei Yun came into the back alley and halted realising who was in front of him. The two Villains he just tried killing. He gulped, drenched in sweat, and turned tail.

Dabi and Miya looked at each other. "Was that...?"

"Yup." Miya bolts after him and Dabi doesn't attempt to stop her. She turns the corner and he was left in the dark and silence.