Chapter Thirty - Five: Orion's Belt

Two weeks of running and hiding flew by as a blur. Dabi and Miya destroyed a power line, turning off the power to the entire Naka ward; shutting down civilisation for thirty minutes. The trains stopped, work stopped, people stopped. It was chaos.

They broke into the safe house, used the bed, the showers, ate the supply of food, took the rations of money, and fled - but not before Miya wiped the entire place down for any evidence that they were there. Not a single strand of hair was left behind.

"Is this really the place?" Miya questioned, looking at a Chinese poker game store shining bright and loud, from the opposite end of the street. It stood sad and crumbling squashed between two buildings. She and Dabi hide in the alley across the street in Yokohama's ChinaTown.

The bright flashing signs lured customers inside, encouraging them to gamble their money to the mercy of the machines. All that were rigged.

"Yes." said Dabi, standing above Miya, who was crouched, eyeing each unsuspecting person that passed by them. Where people really this oblivious, that it was almost too easy to hide in plain sight?

Headlights flashed by as they circled the alleyway to the back. Here they were away from prying eyes. An old man was smoking by the dumpster, and he ignored the two most wanted Villains in Japan who pass him by to the back door.

"Okay." Miya says. "What are we doing here, exactly?"

"Meeting someone."

"Who?"

"A potential recruit."

Miya looks at a spider sitting snug in the centre of its web. "Wonderful. Why here?"

"He picked it."

"The most busiest building in the middle of a busy street in ChinaTown. Not suspicious at all." Miya tried the door and it came open.

They slinked inside the poorly lit corridor, tiled from floor to ceiling, and climbed the stairs to the left. The second floor was quiet. Their footfalls disappeared into the carpet as they lined the hallway.

"What now?" Miya cautiously peered into the closest room.

Nainzu Wei Yun, a short chubby Chinese man emerged from the farthest door wearing a black striped suit and motioned them over. "Welcome to my domain!" he greeted. "Come inside." he sat behind a desk with a single window behind him that allowing the flashing signs to cast their shadows.

He had small squinted eyes and a balding head. "So you're the League, huh?" the man's chilly voice replied.

"Yeah?" replied Dabi, suspiciously. "Are you the contact?"

"Indeed, I am." Nainzu Wei Yun stopped. His small squinted eyes travelled from the tall, dark headed, patched Villain in a black leather coat, to the smaller blonde woman next to him who had a heavy frown on her face.

The occasional strip of light would circle around the lining of her suit.

"So it's really true. You do have a Pro Hero on your side, huh? It's been a massive influence in the underworld. It's a pleasure to meet you in person, Stardust."

Miya slanted her head to the side. "Can't say the same."

"So, what's in it for me?" the Chinese man says.

"Liberation." Dabi moves to Miya's side.

Nainzu Wei Yun nods.

"I've been living here for fifteen years now. All we want is liberation. All the people downstairs throwing their money away also want the same. You'd be surprised at how many people would rally to your Cause if you just said to."