Chapter 40

After asking this question, Su Qian regretted it.

It took so long that she had already blurred the appearance of the boy, but the chocolate in her palm and the necklace seemed to have become her obsession from childhood to adulthood.

Even at that time, he was indifferent and particularly impatient with himself, but when he was afraid, he would still comfort himself with practical actions.

Perhaps, the cold appearance is just a superficial appearance, and she obviously feels full of warmth.

Just like the only beam of light in life, at the bottom of the dark and narrow well, for the first time she felt that she was not alone.

However, now...

So what if she asks, what kind of answer does she want?

If he is not okay, anyway, he never takes it seriously, and she always reminds herself that she must not fall into a dangerous whirlpool.

But what if it is?

If he is...

It seems that she can't face the current situation.

For money, throw away your self-esteem, lose everything, and let a strange boy play tricks on it.

Thinking of this, Su Qian's heart hurt and her face turned pale. She lowered her eyes and bit her lips. The pain made her wake up temporarily.

She said in a hurry almost evasively, "... I'm just asking casually. You don't have to answer."

Hearing this, Lu Yan quietly stared at her.

The girl's hands were tightly twisted together, lowering her eyes, and the warm yellow light shrouded her overly pale cheeks. She could clearly see the thick eyelashes tremor slightly with the frequency of heartbeat.

Proximately afraid, right?

Maybe he is escaping.

Lu Yan laughed at the corners of his lips, put aside his sight, took apart the chocolate, and filled in the entrance.

Without response, she kept lowering her head and afraid to look up at him.

It's really like a frightened little ostrich.

It's so pitiful that I can't bear to break her insistence.

A trace of gloom flashed in Lu Yan's eyes. After a long time, he casually replied to her: "I haven't lost it."

"...Yes, right?"

She seemed to be relieved, and her tone seemed weak and pitiful.

Lu Yan noticed that her stiff shoulder seemed to be a little relaxed, and a shallow smile was hooked at the corners of her mouth. He asked lightly, "Are you afraid?"

"I didn't."

"Why don't you dare to look at me?"

"..."

Unexpectedly, he could see her surge. Su Qian adjusted her mood, hesitated for a few seconds, raised her eyes and looked at him bravely.

All her thoughts just now were on his identity. She couldn't look carefully. Now she found that there was a bruises on the corners of his mouth, which should have been injured by Wang Chuyan's surprise punch.

"...the corners of your mouth."

Before he finished speaking, he interrupted coldly: "It has nothing to do with you."

Su Qian was choked to speechless. Come on, she just asked casually, not caring about him.

"Well... good night."