Ch.89 The Crimson Battalion

Start from the beginning

Critter grabbed his phone and called someone.

Critter: Hey everything's all set up. I need everyone on the payroll to download the link I sent to your computers.......Good. Let's get evil then.

........

Strea monitored the underworld as she watched the FLA turn from advanced time to normal time. She waived her hand seeing a red trail from the Ocean Turtle base fly out in several directions.

Strea: Well....guess I better give the signal.

Meanwhile, at the Kirigaya house, Suguha was getting ready for bed when her phone vibrated. She opened her phone and sighed.

Suguha: Guess it's time then.

Back at the base, Higa and Kikuoka continued to monitor the situation. Suddenly the phone rang.

Higa: Kikuoka, the phone.

Kikuoka: Oh, sorry.

Kikuoka picked the phone up.

Kikuoka: Hello?

Strea: Mr.Kikuoka? I need you to check the FLA for the Underworld.

Kikuoka: Higa what's the FLA on the Underworld?

Higa: It's.....huh?! When did it change to normal time?!

Kikuoka: Who is this?

Strea: A friend from Maverick. His allies are aware and are preparing to help. Leafa is en route to your Rath building. Things are getting more dangerous by the minute. Be safe.

Kikuoka: We'll take all the help we can get. Thank you.

..........

Klein: Is this all of us?

Klein looked at the usual group of Agil, Silica, Yui, Strea, Liz, and Yuuki.

Klein: I can get my homies to help but we'll need more people. What happened with your idea Liz?

Liz: Expectedly, no one wants to relive a life or death situation with real feeling pain. So no luck.....

Everyone sat in silence before Yuuki spoke up.

Yuuki: I might have an idea. Strea, can you give me Mav's friend list?

Strea: Sure.

Klein: What're you doing?

Yuuki: Trying to get more people. Be back soon.

Yuuki left as the group continued to brainstorm until a knock on the door was heard.

Klein: She back already?

Liz: I'll get it.

Liz walked over opening the door seeing three individuals standing there.

Eugene: May we come in?

Liz: Oh uh...sure!

Liz let the three individuals in as the group immediately stood up.

Klein: The leaders of the Salamanders, Cat Sith, and Sylphs?!

Agil: Who?

Eugene: Apologies, I am Eugene, leader of the Salamanders, at least in our raid groups.

Sakuya: Nice to meet you all, I am Sakuya. Diplomat of the Slyphs.

Rue: Name's Rue, nice to meetcha! Cat Sith diplomat!

Klein: What're you guys doing here?

Strea: I directed them here.

Liz: You did?

Eugene: Yeah, we all got a message asking us to come here. It seemed very serious and apparently involved Maverick? Haven't heard that name in a long while.

Sakuya: Ah yes, I offered him a spot in the Sylph kingdom and he never got back to me.

Rue: Same! I gave him a prime spot in the Cat Sith territory and was ghosted.

Klein: Knowing Mav, man has been busy. I mean, it seems like he gets dragged into one problem after another.

Strea: Anyways, let me explain the situation.

Strea explained the situation to the three players.

Eugene: I see....

Sakuya: My word this is....

Rue: Well can't say I expected this when I came over.

Liz: It's a lot to ask. If you say no, I won't blame you. I've asked so many others and they said no and I don't blame them but it'd mean a lot to us. Please help us save our friend! Save Mav!

Liz and the others bowed their heads to the three as they looked to each other.

.......

In the metal and dystopian social space that is the SBC Glocken, Yuuki leaned against a railing seeing multiple GGO players walk by. She noticed a guy stuck between three girls and chuckled.

"Um, are you Yuuki?"

Yuuki turned seeing a young man in black tactical armor carrying a 50.BMG sniper on his back.

Yuuki: Are you Kise?

Kise: That I am. I got your message. Something about Mav?

Yuuki: Yes....I know it's not your business but I....he needs your help.

Yuuki proceeded to tell Kise about Mav's current situation.

Kise: Okay....Don't really have any idea on how to process that. I thought SAO was crazy but this, this is something else.

Yuuki: I know that you two aren't really close friends but we're out of options and we desperately need help. If you don't want to. It's fine no one would blame you.

Kise held his hand up to his chin.

Kise: Well I don't really have any qualms helping. Mav is decent guy and an excellent GGO player. Still, I know just me isn't enough. Tell you what, I got some friends and I'll tell them about your plight. If they agree you'll get some good assistance.

Yuuki: Thank you! Thank you so much!

Kise: Don't worry about it.

..........

In the Underworld, the Human Empire continued their assault on the Dark Forces trying to cross the ropes when red lights ignited the sky.

Mav: The hell?

The lights converged into one giant crimson light. Everyone stared as the light slowly faded as giant battalion of crimson colored knights stood where the light shine down upon. The raised their arms letting out a rallying cry as Vecta smiled in his chair.

Vecta: Great work, Critter.