Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

    "Yeah?" The excitement was evident. She's not afraid to show her emotions. I like it. "That's perfect because I signed us both up for the song. And we're after this next group."

   This girl. Thinks she's smooth or something. "Mm and if I hadn't wanted to sing?"

    "I had hoped. But I wouldn't have made you." I believe her.

    "So what song are we singing?"

   "Have you heard of the band All Time Low?"

   "Uh, I think so?"

    "Trust me, it'll be fun."

    They called us up by name so I was very confused when I heard them call out, "Yelena and Spencstar!" Which earned a roar from the crowd. The fuck? I give her that exact look. She throws her head back in laughter.

    "Don't worry love, it's my stage name!" She shouts over the crowd, wiggling her eyebrows as she pulls me up on stage with her. I guess the crowd knows her stage name.

    Soon after we make it on the stage, a familiar song starts to play. I did actually know this song. I just didn't realize who sang it. Leave me alone, I don't get a lot of chances to listen to music.

    "Why do all the monsters come out at night? Why do we sleep where we want to hide? Why do I run back to you like I don't mind if you fuck up my life?.." Spencer starts singing her heart out, not being afraid that she most definitely can not carry a tune. Her confidence gives me some as I join her in the song.

   By the end of it, we were jumping around, the crowd getting into it with us. We immediately signed up for another song.

    I liked that she was able to bring me out of my shell a little bit. I see this friendship, or whatever it is, going far. She has an infectious personality. I couldn't help but be happy as we had a few more drinks and owned the next few songs.

————————

    After our tenth song and 8th drink for the night, we took a cab back to her place. Shut up, it's not for that, okay?

    Though I trust her driving skills sober, I was definitely glad we switched her bike for a cab. It may have been midnight but we both still had a lot of energy. We're in her room no, again not for that reason.

   "Here you go," she says as she hands me a pair of her sweatpants and a hoodie. We both agreed we needed to get out of the clothes we were in and into something more comfortable. Just stop. Nothing like that is going to happen! I'm enjoying her company without any of that.

    Going into her bathroom to change so I had her room she calls out, "I don't know about you, but I'm starving. Want some pasta?"

    She's hungry already? "Didn't we just have some burgers at the bar?"

    I hear her scoff. "Yeah? That was bar food? It doesn't count. I need sustenance."

    I laugh. Girl really loves her food. "Okay fine, pasta sounds good. Oh! Wait, is this you cooking for me already?" I tease.

   "Is it good for me to come out?" I was dressed so I gave her the okay. She then continued the conversation. "No, this doesn't count. This is just a midnight snack. I go all out when I cook a meal for someone." She smiles. This time the thought of her cooking for someone else doesn't bother me so much.

   "Well, then I look forward to that. Hopefully before I have to leave."

    Her face drops. "Oh right, forgot you're leaving."