+ What if Harry Lived with Sirius and Emmanuelle? [Part 1]

Start from the beginning

"Don't blame me, Nuelle. It's not my fault that you have very beautiful hair that we just absolutely love," Sirius joked.

"DADA!" Carina reached for her father.

"Your home," Emmanuelle smiled.

Sirius strode across the room and bent down to Emmanuelle's level, purposely getting over Carina to tease her, and kissed his wife while his daughter pulled his hair. "I'm home, love."

"What happened?" Emmanuelle asked as she saw the worry lines forming at Sirius' forehead.

Sirius placed a finger on his lips then pointed at Carina. They never spoke about the war when Carina was with them, possibly listening, they didn't want her to take in the toxicity of what was happening in the world.

Sirius caressed Emmanuelle's cheek, she smiled in his soft touch and leaned to his palm. "I know that you're tired, but your daughter won't go to bed. She's very much like her father, stubborn."

Sirius snorted. "So, whenever she's stubborn she's my daughter, huh? Come here, Carina, let's give Mummy a break!"

"DADA!" Carina giggled when Sirius took her from Emmanuelle and started bouncing her around. The girl let out a squeal and patted her tiny hands on her father's cheeks.

"You're doing the exact opposite of you're supposed to do," Emmanuelle sighed.

"Just watch, Nuelle. Let the master do his work – ow!"

Emmanuelle threw one of Carina's stuffed toys at Sirius' face, and the toy landed directly in Carina's arms and the girls hugged it tight, and snuggled into her father's hold. With the girl finally calming down and closing her eyes, Sirius' bouncing turned to a soft sway. Carina was finally asleep in her father's arms, drooling on his shirt, and holding onto him tightly. The young parents then placed the girl in her crib as carefully as they could, but the problem was the girl won't let go of Sirius' shirt. As a solution, Emmanuelle went to get one of Sirius' shirts from their dresser, and placed it between the girl's arms, that had the toddler embrace that and release her father.

The couple sat down on the couch inside the nursery. Sirius laid down, and lets his head rest on Emmanuelle's lap, while she massaged his scalp to ease him a bit.

"What happened?" Emmanuelle asked in a whisper.

"A lot," Sirius said. "We still don't know who the traitor is."

"It's not Remus, Sirius, and you know it," Emmanuelle whispered.

Sirius did not respond to that, his eyes were just fixed on Carina who slept in her crib soundly, without knowing about what was happening to the world around her.

"But there's still one," Sirius pressed on. "Have you heard from James?"

"No, not yet... but I know well that he and Lily are both tired of being cooped up in that house... we could have hidden them here with us – no one knows where we are. That way, Harry would also have Carina, and James and Lily wouldn't be alone –"

"But Prongs and Lily wouldn't have wanted to put Carina's life in danger as well. It would have been a good idea, but it's risky... we just have to hope this goes well."

"Well, it's a good thing you're their Secret Keeper – this is the safest place we could be. Away from the battlefield. Even Dumbledore doesn't know about this place," Emmanuelle chuckled.

That was true, Sirius thought. The only ones who knew of their home were the Goldsteins, the Potters, the Weasleys, Prewetts, and of course, their friends – Remus and Peter. Other than that, they were hidden off from the world.