FIFTY-SEVEN

Jack's POV

"Baby," Gabby groaned as she nudged me "your alarm."

I reached for my buzzing phone that laid on my nightstand, and when I picked it up it showed up as an incoming call from a random number.

My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to recognize the unfamiliar number on the bright screen.

I cleared my throat before sliding my finger accross the screen to answer it

"Hello?" I answered the phone with a raspy voice

"Hi, is this Jack Gilinsky?" The other unfamiliar voice rang through the phone.

"Who's asking?"

"My name is Adonis.. My friend Ryan told me to call you because you wanted to discuss something regarding my employment at Worldwide Fitness?" As soon as he said Ryan's name, it immediately clicked.

"Yes, yes, sorry about that," I immediately sat up and pushed my feet over the side of the bed "And this is about a certain employee... one that's a woman, right?" I asked.

"Yes, I have a lot to talk about in terms of that situation."

"Would you mind meeting me over lunch or coffee or something to talk about it?" I asked while rubbing my eyes, which were still a little puffy.

"Yeah, that should be fine. How is 11:45 or 12?" He asked.

"11:45 is perfect. Does a spot near the office work for you?"

"Yeah, that should be fine."

"Great! I'll go ahead and send you the address to a cafe around there and I'll meet you at 12?"

"That works for me, I'll see you then."

"Bet, I will see you then." I said before hanging up the phone.

"You don't say 'bet' during a phone call with a business partner." Gabby muttered as she faced the opposite direction as me, still half asleep.

"It's a good thing that wasn't a business partner, then."

"Who was it?" She asked while rubbing her eyes and turning to face me.

"I went to HR about the whole Sadie situation and they kind of laughed it off, and Ryan, one of my colleagues, asked me about the situation. I told him what went down with Sadie and he said that this isn't the first time that something like that had happened with her. So now I'm meeting with a former employee who, I guess, had a past with her."

"Ohh," She nodded her head before pulling the covers over her shoulders "Well, have fun with that."

"Yeah, I'll try." I nodded my head before getting up so I could get ready for work since my alarm would wake me up in a few minutes anyways.

-

My leg anxiously bounced up and down as my eyes darted from the clock on my Apple Watch to my computer screen. It was 11:07 and I let out a sigh and leaned back in my chair.

"You good, Gilinsky?" Mark asked me from accross the table.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm just ready for lunch." I tapped my fingers on the table.

"Yeah, it feels like every day gets longer and longer at this point." He shook his head.

"I think I'm gonna get my little problem solve—"

"Jack," I heard Sadie's voice causing my eyes to roll on instinct "can I talk to you about something real quick?"

I turned back to face her and she was towering over me.