FIFTY-FIVE

Gabby's POV

"Jack, these clothes in the garage are being donated, right?" I called to the office from the door leading into the garage.

"Uhh.. Yeah." I heard him yell back. He was obviously preoccupied with something else.

I walked down the couple of steps to the garage, which was packed with clothes that we meant to donate a long time ago, trophies from high school, lawn and gardening tools and equipment, and more shit that we dont need and just takes up too much space.

A while ago we sorted our clothes to donate, but never got the chance to for various reasons, so I wanted to see what I could do with them now that I had it on my mind. Plus, the probability of us moving is kind of high, so I want to get stuff out of the way gradually.

I spotted the black and white trash bags in the corner of the garage, by shelves of brown cardboard boxes.

I started out by picking them up one-by-one and bringing them to the garage door so I could open it and load them into my car. About three bags in, I lifted one up that was lighter than the others.

I opened up the bag and the stench of bleach hit me hard.

I looked in it to see Jack's white forces with a bunch of red-stained paper towels. I squinted my eyes at the sight and closed the bag to stop myself from inhaling the fumes any longer.

"Jack?" I called from the doorway.

"Hm?" He asked.

"What did you do to your forces?" I asked.

I heard him get up and come out of the office to come to the garage.

"Huh?" He asked as he approached me.

"What did you do to your shoes?" I held up the bad so he could see it. His eyebrows slightly raised before he answered.

"I cleaned them." He said while taking the bag from me and opening it up to look inside "I spilled Kool-Aid on them, so I had to get the stains out of them with bleach."

"Since when does Kool-Aid stain forces?" I asked, but was cut off by my phone ringing.

I grabbed it from my sweat pants pockets to see Lia's contact on the screen.

"I know she's probably so stressed out right now," I shook my head. Today is Lia and Johnson's baby shower and I know she wants it to be perfect.

"You just worry about her and I'll take care of all of this. I don't want you carrying anything around while you're pregnant anyways."

"They're just clothes, Jack. I promise you I'm fine." I playfully rolled my eyes at him before answering the call.

Jack's POV

"Jack?" Gabby called me from the garage.

"Hm?" I answered.

"What did you do to your forces?" She asked.

My heart dropped at her words because she was talking about the shoes I poorly cleaned the night I dealt with Hayes. I immediately got up and walked to the garage to see her holding up the black trash bag.

"Huh?" I asked trying to buy myself some time

"What did you do to your shoes?" She held up the bag a little higher.

"I cleaned them." I said while taking the bag from her and opening it up to look inside. I saw a few paper towels with some blood marks on them and the shoes which had blood stained laces and fabric. The white leather, on the other hand, was unevenly colored and a little shriveled "I spilled Kool-Aid on them, so I had to get the stains out of them with bleach."