FIFTY-TWO

Jack's POV

As I sat at my desk, next to Mark, I opened iMessage so I could text Jack Johnson.

Hey, I know we haven't smoked in a long time, but do you have any weed?- Jack Gilinsky

I see you're getting back into old habits ;)- Jack Johnson

But I don't have any. I haven't smoked since Lia got pregnant :(- Jack Johnson

I let out a sigh as I dropped my phone onto my lap.

I looked over to the clock to see that it was 1:33, then looked up at Mark who was typing on his computer across from me.

"Hey, Mark." I said in a hushed tone as I leaned closer to him.

"What's up?" He responded, his eyes were still locked on the computer.

"I know this is kind of random, but do you have any gas?"

He looked up at me with a smirk "soon-to-be father stress, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah, do you have any? I literally just need like.. a gram." I didn't tell him about what Sadie did, and I wasn't planning on it. I haven't even told Johnson yet.

"Do you need it today?" He asked.

"Yeah, do you have it on you?"

He leaned in a little before speaking "Just meet me by my car after work. Do you need it pre-rolled?" He asked.

"No, no. Whatever you have works for me."

"Alright, I got you." He nodded.

"Bet, thank you so much, man."

-

I stood outside of Mark's car, rocking back and forth from my heels to my toes as I looked around the parking lot, impatiently waiting for him to give me the small baggy of weed.

He set a small baggy with about three little nuggets in it on his lap as he closed up a thermos that was filled to the brim.

"Jesus Christ, I had no idea you smoked this much." I said in a shocked tone.

"Eh, it's a little bit of a side hustle," He shrugged as he tied up the baggy "You got a 10 on you?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said as I began to pull out my wallet.

"Actually, just give it to me tomorrow so it's not too suspicious." He said as he screwed the top back on the container.

I noticed how much was actually in the small bag he made for me and my eyebrows raised in shock.

"You didn't have to give me that much. I only needed like a gram." I said.

"It's all good. I don't have a scale or anything, plus I have a strong feeling you need it." He chuckled.

"Thank you so much, man. I really appreciate it." I said as he stood up and got out of the car.

"Don't even mention it." He said as we dapped each other up so he could subtly pass off the small baggy he was holding.

-

I pulled my black LA Raiders hoodie over my head as I exited Gabby and I's closet. When I finally got my head into the hood, I opened my eyes to see Gabby brushing her teeth in our bathroom.

She glanced over at me, who was already looking at her, then she turned back towards the mirror.

"Where are you going?" She asked with a mouth full of toothpaste.