FIFTY-FOUR

"So, how did that Mary Jane work for you?" Mark asked me with a smirk.

"It definitely worked." I chuckled as I leaned back in my office chair.

"I'm glad I could help you out."

"Yeah, thanks for that."

"Good morning, you two." I heard Sadie's bubbly voice and the smile immediately left my face as I rolled my eyes.

"Hi Sadie." Mark greeted her as I slouched back over my laptop and continued my work.

"How are you two?" She asked us

"Good." Mark responded, and they both glanced over at me, waiting for. An answer.

"Is there something you needed? I emailed you the agenda for tomorrow's meeting." I said.

"I just needed the notes from the last meeting. Did you jot them down, Jack?"

"Mhm." I nodded my head, still not looking up at her.

"Good talk." She nodded her head, obviously a little annoyed before walking away.

"Jack, what the fuck was that about?" Mark chuckled.

"I think I'm gonna report her to HR for sexual assault or harrassment."

"Come on, I dont—"

"She's been doing it ever since we got here."

"They were just jokes and— "

"She came to my house and harassed Gabby. This needs to stop."

"Oh... Shit. What happened?" She asked.

"She came to my house and lied to Gabby about some stuff."

"Stuff? What kind of stuff?" He asked.

"Just about Las Vegas and some other shit. She fabricated a whole bunch of shit and lied about some stuff." I tried to sum it up and add the least amount of detail.

"Do you think they'll believe you if you report it?" He asked.

"I mean... Hopefully. I dont really know what else to do. It's not like I can quit or anything."

"Yeah, go ahead and report it then." He seemed weary of the idea but like he also wanted to be supportive.

I exhaled deeply before getting up from my spot and heading to the human recourses office.

I knocked on the door and heard a voice from the inside instruct me to come in.

I slowly opened the door and was met by the sight of a man with blond hair and blue eyes sitting at a desk. He seemed pretty lanky, even while sitting down, and his dress pants that looked like high-waters didn't help.

"Hey, what can I help you with?" He asked with a wide smile. His piercing blue eyes were a little intimidating, but nonetheless, I stepped into his office.

"I just wanted to report someone for sexual harassment, or even sexual assault."

"Oh, come have a seat." He motioned for me to sit down in the chair accross from him.

"Where did you witness this?" He asked.

"Uhh," I hesitated for a second "I didn't witness anything, I was the one being harassed." As soon as those words left my mouth, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"I see," He nodded his head "And you.. You said something about assault as well?" He seemed very confused by all of this.

"Yes."