S i x t y - F i v e

Start from the beginning

Kendall's lips twitched, but her mad face came back.

"You're not with me. Mom's gonna set me up with someone else that I will surely like, and you and I are gonna be no more. It's what I want and it's gonna be what I get. Now fuck off."

I couldn't help but let out a scoff as the car rolled to a stop as the paparazzi started to swarm around it. Kendall immediately plastered on a smile and turned to me, "I'm gonna play dumb, so try not to fall for me."

I gave her a sarcastic smile, "Yeah, totally, as if you don't know I'm still falling for you now..." Sad she couldn't hear that part because the questions of the paparazzi drowned the rest of my voice.

"You look great, Kendall, what did you get for your sister's birthday?"

"Nick, I like that shirt man, I saw Joe with it the other day..."

"Are you guys doing good?"

"Have a nice day, brother, good to see you again!"

"Kendall, turn around—"

"Over here please!"

I let out a sigh as the gate swung shut. Kendall and I were then lead to the main house, which Kendall let go of my arm immediately.

I frowned as I caught up with her, "What'd you do that for?"

She leaned in, an apprehensive look on her face, "I don't want people to think that we're together, 'cause we're not together. Put the pieces together before asking me stupid questions, Jonas, or I'm gonna ditch you for the rest of the night."

I rolled my eyes, "Again, you're giving me empty threats."

"I don't care, just stay out of my way— Hailey!"

I watched as she greeted her best friend and tried to put on a fake smile as Hailey turned to me, but when I saw that she had a smug disgusted look on her face, I decided to return it.

"Hey, Jonas," she said, Kendall, mirroring the same look she had on. "What're you even doing here, jerkface, I thought you were like, dead or something."

I rolled my eyes, "Bitch," I muttered under my breath as Joe and Gigi strolled over.

"Hey, guys, good to see you bonding!" Gigi said, smiling at me. I gave her a quick smile back before returning to sulk at Kendall. "So anyway, I helped kind of put all of this up for Kylie's big day— her ex-boyfriend just called me, saying he's got a surprise for her it's gonna make her fall in love with him," she squealed, making me roll my eyes.

Kendall and Hailey squealed along with her and I turned to Joe, who was in a well-pressed suit. 

"Hey," he nodded at me, a smug look on his face. "Good to see you here, who invited you?"

I gave him a glare, "Definitely not you, why do you look like some kind of bodyguard to Gigi or something, are you not over her?"

He screwed up his face and shook his head, "I never will be. I just came here to make sure she didn't go off fucking anyone tonight, drunk. Are you here to do the same, just with Kendall not being able to drink?"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, look, you got it all right, congratulations."

"Did I really?"

"No, numbskull, you didn't," I snapped, making him frown, slightly taken aback. "I came here because I overheard something her mom said the other night. About some guy Kendall was supposed to be 'destined' with," I said, using air quotes.