3. Seven Years Later

He entered into his cabin after an exhausting day of work. Endless meetings had completely seeped out the energy out of him. He sat on his chair and asked for a hot cup of tea. He loosened the top two buttons of his shirt and looked at the bustling city of London. Oh, how massively his life had changed in the past 7 years. Shivaay couldn't help but reminisce about the incidents of seven years ago.

Flashback starts....

As he left the Oberoi mansion with Khanna, he was contemplating on what he was going to do. He asked Khanna to take him to his flat that he had brought as a gift to Annika. Upon reaching the house he settled on the couch and got lost in his thoughts. He couldn't afford to stay here in Mumbai. It would cause a lot of problems. Firstly, his Bade Papa would trouble him and he wouldn't be able to stay away from Annika easily. So the next morning, he gathered his personal savings and decided to go to London. He came to the city and decided to start life afresh. He had no strength in him to even wake up another day but the thought of Annika being happy kept him alive after all that transpired. But along with her love, his heart also had the scars his family had given him. He wasn't being able to come to terms with it and forgive them so easily as he always did. He wanted to be successful and at least try to be happy or pretend so that she could be.

Flashback ends.....

And now seven years later, here he was. A successful owner of a successful company, Ayka. His hard work and perseverance had brought Ayka where it is now. His company is amongst the top companies in the city of London. He felt proud of it. But not one day goes when he doesn't think about Annika. He turned his chair and looked at the photo frame kept on the table.

"Hey, Annika. I just finished a hectic day. There in India, your day must have just started right? Hope you will have a wonderful day. Now I have to go home. We will meet you there okay? Love you. Bye. "

He kissed the photo frame and grabbed his coat. Swinging it over his hand, he called up Khanna and asked him to keep his car ready. Shivaay left the office but not before acknowledging his employees' presence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here in India, an alarm clock rang harshly disturbing her sleep. She turned to the other side to find it empty. Annika sat up and called out to her. Suddenly she heard some light footsteps around the room. She heaved a sigh of relief and put on a straight face. After a few moments, she felt someone tickling her. She was aware of her presence but refused to acknowledge. When she felt the tickling, she put out her hands and brought the little girl in front of her.

" What Miss Amaya? Troubling mumma so early in the morning huh? Why didn't you wake me up? You have school na? "

Amaya, Annika and Shivaay's daughter looked up at her mother and gave a wonderful smile.  Annika observed her little one minutely. Those blue azure eyes had not left her. To add on, her smile resembled Shivaay's exactly. When God seperated Shivika, he made sure that there would be someone that would become the bridge between the two lovers. Though Amaya had Shivaay's looks, she did resemble Annika in many ways. She was carefree, but was very conscious of the people around her. She loved everyone and was the apple of everyone's eyes.

Presently, she jumped out of her mother's lap and rushed to the bathroom to have a bath when she heard her Pinky Dadi calling out for her. Annika chuckled lightly by seeing her happiness in front of her. She was immediately transported back to the day she found out that she was expecting Amaya.

Flashback starts....

As soon as Shivaay left, Annika ran into the room and shut the door. She collapsed on the floor and started crying uncontrollably. Ever since everything had happened, she hadn't cried a single tear. But now her dam broke and she didn't even attempt to stop her tears. She was questioning life and it's evil play with her. She was still very very angry on Shivaay and didn't believe that again he would choose his family over her. She didn't want to go through the pain again. After a few minutes she heard Om, Rudra, Gauri and Bhavya's desperate voices outside. She got up but couldn't stand up properly. She held the nearby couch for support but that didn't help either as she was feeling dizzy. Suddenly everything around her went blur and she fell unconscious on the ground knocking the vase kept nearby. The voice startled the outsiders and Gauri asked Om and Rudra to break open the door. Once they did, they were beyond shocked to see Annika unconscious. They immediately called the doctor and the whole family was gathered around her. They were all getting impatient while the doctor was checking her.