44. Back Home

After a few hours, they were on the way back home. Shivaay and Annika had changed, because Annika had blood all over her clothes so she also had to change. When they reached home, it is was quite late. Annika and Shivaay entered the room to see Amu sleeping soundly on the bed with her teddy bear. Shivika exchanged smiles with each other and went to sit beside Amu. Annika bent down and kissed Amu while Shivaay gently picked her up and took her in his arms. She didn't wake up but snuggled more into his embrace. Annika smiled and kept her head on Shivaay's forearm.

"Annika, you should also sleep now. It is quite late. I will go to the guest room."

"No, this toh you should have thought about before picking your daughter up in your arms. Now she won't leave you. And even if you try to detach her from you, she will wake up and not sleep the whole night"

"So what to do?"

"You sleep here only. I will take the couch. If she gets up in the morning and sees me sleeping beside you like this, then she will ask a thousand questions. So it is is better that I sleep on the couch", Annika said and took her pillow and blanket and went to sleep on the couch.

Shivaay then carefully laid down, with Amu still in his embrace. He soon drifted into a slumber due to the effect of the medicines.

The next morning as sunrays hit her face, Annika stirred in her sleep and looked sideways to see the cutest sight ever. As the rays were disturbing her, Amu was snuggling more into Shivaay. Annika got up and went to Amu's side. She kissed her daughter and that made Amu wake up. She opened her eyes and leaped onto Annika seeing her mother after so long. Shivaay also got up due to the commotion. He rubbed his eyes and sat on the bed taking the support of the headrest. Amu kissed Annika's cheeks.

"I missed you so much mumma. And I couldn't even call you there."

"Acha, mumma ko dekha toh forgot me ha?" Shivaay complained cutely and Annika and Amu looked at him.

"I missed you also Superhero....", but she stopped when she saw the bandages on his forehead and hand. She quickly scurried to him and sat on his lap.

"What happened Superhero?"

"I got hurt Amu", Shivaay said and kissed Amu's forehead.

"Is it paining?", she asked innocently while playing with his fingers. Shivaay looked at Annika who smiled at her. He knew that Amu had gotten a bit scared and he had to reassure her.

"A bit" She looked up at him and kissed his hand and forehead.

"Ab?"

"No. Now it is not paining. Aapki wajah se, I feel completely fine now"

"Mumma, have you also gotten hurt?"

"Not as much as your Superhero. Just a small scratch", Annika said and Amu nodded her head.

"Mumma, today you will make parathas na. I missed your parathas more than you. And anyway we have holidays in school for 3 days. So I have a lot of time", Amu said excitedly.

"Acha, shaitaan. Missed food more than mumma ha. Come, let me teach you a lesson", Annika leaped forward to hold Amu but she managed to escape and ran inside the bathroom.

"Mumma, I will quickly go and brush my teeth. You go and make parathas okay. And yes, ghee zyada daalna" And she shut the door. Annika looked sideways to see Shivaay laughing his heart out, clutching his stomach tightly.

"Aapko kyun itni hasi aa rahi hai?" Annika glared at him and kept her hands on her hips.

"Annika, I just remembered something", he said in between his laugh.