59. Preparations

A few days later, Amu and Ari were hopping around the house excitedly. On the way to the kitchen, they bumped into Annika who was holding two milk glasses. 

"Be careful kids. I would have spilled the milk na", Annika scolded them and Amu said, "Sorry mumma. I was very excited and didn't see you."

"God Amu. What are you and Ari so excited for?"

"Badi ma, it is Rakshabandhan tomorrow."

"I know that Ari. Why are you telling me this?"

"Badi ma, tomorrow there will be celebrations. Acha khaana hoga and we will get to wear new clothes", Ari said excitedly and began dancing and was followed by Amu. Annika immediately held the glassses up and stopped the kids.

"Baccho, festival kal hai. Calm down now and have this milk first", Annika said and dragged both the children to the table. They quickly sat and had the milk in a jiffy and ran off to play.

"Baap re, itni excitement toh meine kabhi nahi dekhi inke chehre pe"

"What happened Jiji, who are you talking to? There is no one here", Gauri said, coming into the kitchen to see her sister mumble words to no one in particular.

"These kids Gauri. They have been dancing around the house since morning in excitement of tomorrow's festival"

"Ha toh, they have the right na. They are kids. And honestly, the happiness reflects in the whole house"

"Yes, it does Gauri. Om and Rudra also came to me this morning saying that they wanted some new clothes. Will you do me a favor and go shopping with them? Bhavya is out on duty and  I have a meeting in the office. Kal chutti hain na, toh I have to go"

"Don't worry Jiji, I will go with them. And I will also take the kids. They also may want to buy some gifts. Ghar mein thodi shaanti hogi"

"Bacche pareshaan nahi karte, mann khush kar dete hai, Gauri", Annika and Gauri turned back listening to Pinky's voice.

"Exactly Pinky, and these toh are only two kids. We had 4 kids and we literally had a circus in the house", Janvi, who had come with Pinky said.

"Badi ma, tell us more na", Annika pleaded and Janvi said, "Don't you have to go to your office Annika?"

"Yes, I do. But I do have some time. And itne dino se Shivaay bhi yaha nahi hai, so me and Amu, both were getting bored."

"Fine, but we will only talk if we have Gauri prepare her famous chai", Pinky exclaimed and everyone chuckled.

"Abhi banate hai, Choti maaji", Gauri said and Janvi and Pinky settled on the table in the kitchen.

"Ha toh, what I was saying"

"Tell us more about Shivaay, Om, Ru and Prinku's childhood", Annika said excitedly as she joined Gauri in making tea and some snacks.

"Yes", Pinky exclaimed and said, "Compared to Shivaay and Om, Rudra and Prinku were the more naughty ones. The whole day, Shivaay and Om would be running around these two brats. You know one day, what Rudy and Prinku did?"

"They took a painting Om had made and replaced it with one of their own. Om was in a hurry to go to school that day and he didn't check. Well, after that, all we know was Ru and Prinku were hiding in the house and escaping from Om", Janvi said and all burst into laughter.

"Then when Shivaay returned from classes in the evening and Rudra and Prinku hid behind him and Om also calmed down when Shivaay made him understand"