43. Hold You Close

In a minute everything changed. While driving, a truck haphazardly came in front of them forcing Shivaay to turn his car. And in all that, Shivaay attempted to protect Annika. He took off his seatbelt and held Annika from the front to save her from the crash. With only one hand on the wheel, the car lost focus and hit a tree making the windshield break into pieces. Annika closed her eyes in fear but was holding Shivaay's arms tightly. Suddenly, she felt heaviness on herself and saw Shivaay unconscious. His head and left hand were bleeding. Annika's heart started beating really hard. She quickly made his position better and patted his cheeks in tension without understanding the situation.

"Shivaay, uthiye na. Suniye, aisa mazaak mat kijiye. Uthiye na", she screamed but he didn't respond.

"Uthiye na!", Annika screamed this time.

After a few tense minutes, Annika came out of the car and stopped another car that was passing by. She told the car's driver their situation and they together took Shivaay to the nearest hospital. All throughout the car ride, Annika kept caressing Shivaay's hair with one hand and his right hand tightly with the other. Once they reached, Shivaay was laid on a strecher and the doctor took him into the room. But Annika refused to leave his hand.

"Ma'am, please leave his hand. If we delay his treatment more, we might have to do an operation. And that may be harmful for him. Please try to understand ma'am", The doctor requested and Annika immediately left his hand on hearing the doctor's words. The doctor took Shivaay in the room and Annika sank down on the chair. She then felt something in her hand. She opened her fist and saw Shivaay's wedding ring and her sobs increased. She held the ring close to her heart and just muttered incoherent words.

"You can't leave me Shivaay. You can't leave me. I won't allow that. I can't lose you again Shivaay. I am not that strong. This time I won't let that God win. I won't let you take away my Shivaay from me. Please, I beg you. Make my Shivaay fine" And Annika again cried holding the ring.

After a while, the doctor came out and his face was serious. Annika saw him come out and she stood up nervously. She could hear her heart beating rapidly inside and she almost lost her footing when she heard the doctor's words.

"Ma'am, we do not require an operation. We have dressed his wounds but in the x-ray, we have observed that he has some injury near a very important nerve. If he doesn't wake up in 2 hours, he might slip into a coma but if he does wake up, he will feel fine in a few hours and can go home."

Annika felt her heart sinking.

"Can I meet him, doctor?", She asked the doctor slowly.

He nodded his head and left. Annika took slow steps and entered the room. Shivaay's forehead and left palm were bandaged and saline was attached to his right hand. She went and sat beside him. She just couldn't take words out of her mouth and she just kept caressing his face and rubbing his hand gently with her thumb. After about one and half later, she looked up at him and slowly started to speak.

"Shivaay, bas kijiye na. Uth jaiye. I am getting really scared. You are really bad. Yesterday only we patched up and now you chose to sleep like this silently as a punishment to me. Why so Shivaay? Listen na, Amu is also waiting for you back home. Princess ka Superhero aise shaant acha nahi lagta. And you toh didn't even listen to the answer of the question you asked. Aapko Amu ke baare mein nahi jaan na hai kya? Now, I am warning you, get up otherwise I will again go away from you. And then don't complain ki I cheated you okay?" She looked at him and saw that he wasn't responding. She then again tried. She was determined to not let him go. "Okay Shivaay, you always say that you can't tolerate tears in my eyes. Uthiye, dekhiye, meine aapke chakkar meine Ganga Jamuna baha di hai. Now get up. Okay, you aren't getting up na, then I am leaving. I am going away Shivaay and I am also taking Amu with me. Bye Shivaay" Annika played her last card in desperation and attempted to leave his hand.