6. The Next Day

Everyone in the room went silent on hearing Shivaay but he still wasn't finished.

"Badi maa, I don't want her to crave for her mother's care and her father's attention. I want her to be assured that at her school annual function her parents will be there. When she wins a prize, she should not be scared to show it to us. We both should be aware of what she likes, dislikes and what she feels. She should not feel alone in a house full of people. That is the biggest loss for any family. Amu is a symbol of me and Annika and not a trophy who will handle the business in the future. She should be able to follow her dreams no matter what happens. I won't give her the dysfunctional family that I grew up in. So, I don't want any fights and arguments in the presence of both the children. Remember that they don't deserve a childhood like us."

Shivaay's speech had a polite warning which none of them failed to failed to grasp. They couldn't even argue with him given the fact that everything he spoke was true. Before he came, everyone loved Amu and there rarely were fights, but still all knew that if Shivaay comes back and stays here, then definitely the Oberoi mansion would have become a battleground. And he already handled it before it escalated. Om and Rudra also kept quiet as all that he said was true. Annika was completely quite during the whole speech. She was surprised by the fact that he included her in everything he said. 'They would ensure that Amu has a normal childhood' and so they will. She was emotional but didn't cry. Over the years, she never showcased her vulnerabilities in front of anyone in the house. She never cried in front of them, neither complained nor shared her problems with them. And now, she again felt herself getting weak. She was going to Shivaay but then Amu and Ari entered the room running. Both of them quickly ran to their mothers.

"Mumma mumma, look I brought this rose for you. Khanna uncle helped me and Ari buy this for you and Maasi. Isn't it beautiful?", Amu asked excitedly to Annika.

Annika bent down to her level and took the rose from her and kissed her cheeks. She smiled and Amu reciprocated.

"Yes darling, it is very beautiful. Just like you."

Meanwhile Ari had bought two roses and gave one to Gauri and one to Om.

"Mumma, this one is for you and Papa, this for you. I love you. Both of you are really beautiful just like this rose."

Both of them smiled at him and kissed him on either of his cheeks.

"Mumma, I love you too.", Amu said while kissing Annika's cheeks.

" Baby, I love you too. But I see that you have hid something behind you. Tell me what is it?"

Amu nodded her head and went to Shivaay. She beckoned him to bend down.

"What happened Amu?"

"Superhero, I have something for you. Here, this rose is for you. When Ari was buying a rose for Om chachu, I felt for buying this for you. Do you like it?", said Amu while retrieving the rose for him.

Shivaay smiled at her and looked at Annika who was looking at them lovingly. He picked up Amu in his arms and kissed her cheeks. She also smiled and reciprocated his kiss.

"Like it? I love it Princess. Thank you very much."

"I just felt like buying it for you. It just came naturally for me. I am very happy that you love it. Now can I go to sleep, I am feeling very sleepy. It's very late and my bedtime is also near. Bye Superhero and Good night.", said Amu while hugging him and sliding down his arms.

"Good night Princess."

As she took Annika's hand and went towards her room, she ran to Shivaay and asked, "You will be here tomorrow as well? You won't go away right?"