35. Festivities Begin

Shivaay and Annika came back to the room after dinner. Annika was hell tired. She immediately threw her heels as soon as she entered the room and crashed on the couch.

"I am not touching these damned heels ever again. Mere pairon ki band baja di. Aur waise bhi, pair hi theek hi nahi rahenge toh phir how will I dance in the wedding. Arre, I have double duty na. As a friend and a wedding planner", Annika said.

She looked up to see Shivaay removing his tie and smiling at nothing in particular.

She went towards him and looked at his reflection in the mirror.

"Meine kuch gadbad toh nahi ki na abhi dinner pe? You didn't feel as if anything went wrong?", she asked him seriously.

Shivaay turned around listening to this and faced her.

"Nahi, I didn't think so. Everything went well and I hope ki aage bhi aise hi hoga" And he started removing his watch. In doing so, his ring slipped off his finger and fell near Annika. She picked it up but did not give it to Shivaay. Whereas Shivaay had his hand forwarded to take it. Annika was pretending to minutely observe the ring.

"I have seen this ring somewhere. Do you know where?", Annika teased Shivaay mercilessly. She could see him get irritated and gave the ring back. He took it and put it in his finger. And before she could further tease him, he disappeared in the washroom. Annika laughed heartily and knocked on the door.

"Knock knock", she said.

When he didn't respond, she said loudly.

"Knock knock"

This time he was forced to answer otherwise she would have broken down the door with her vigorous knocking.

"Kya hai Annika?"

"Arre, aap itne jaldi washroom mein bhaag gaye and meri baat puri suni hi nahi. I promise ki mein pure shaadi mein aise hi behave karungi. But aapko bhi aise hi rehna padega like how you were throughout the dinner."

"Ho gaya? Now can I go back to washing my face?" Shivaay remarked from inside. 

At this action of her husband, Annika hit her head in exasperation.

"Ek aadmi kitna bada buddhu ho sakta hai. Now I gave such a clear hint and he still didn't get it. He was so good with me during dinner, exactly like a husband is. And now, doesn't understand such a simple hint. Buddhu Singh Oberoi" 

She heard the door of the bathroom click open and quickly ran to the bed before Shivaay questions her about her presence there. When he came there, he saw her quietly scrolling through her phone. She was actually too much into it and Shivaay definitely found it to be suspicious. But, he was tired and today, he wanted to sleep immediately. Otherwise, she would keep him engaged in her talks and he would again be sleepless. So, conscious not to attract her attention, he slowly laid on the couch and closed his eyes. Within minutes, he was lightly snoring. At that time, Annika got up and went to him. She sat beside him on the floor and slowly began speaking to him.

"Again, I am really sorry. You know, I have to admit it to you but I don't have the courage to do it in front of you. I was really happy to see you when you came back after seven years. Whatever happened has happened and there is nothing we can do about it. I also think that seven years punishment is enough for you as well as me. None of us should suffer anymore but above us Amu shouldn't suffer. She deserves a father like you. And I want my husband back. And I promise that I will try my level best to get you back. I won't let your love go in vain. I promise you. Ye aapki Annika ka vaada hai. And please aap mujhse aise door mat bhaagiye na. Ab bas hua. I want the warmth of your hug and the reassuring kiss on my forehead when I feel sad or overwhelmed. And mein yeh bhi jaanti hu that you miss that too. But, you won't speak it. Aapko uss baat se bahot hurt hua hai, I know. But ye mera vaada hai, I won't let this chance that I have got go away in waste. Aaye they Shivaay aur Annika bankar but jayenge Shivika bankar. Pinky promise"