30. Decision Making

Shivaay was busy reading a file when he heard a knock on his door. Since he was busy in working, he just nodded his head and that is why he was pleasantly surprised to see Annika. In his work pressure, he had completely forgot about Annika's arrival.

"Sorry, did I disturb you? Should I come later?" Shivaay could sense Annika's hesitation.

"Sit", he ordered and she quietly sat.

"I am sorry to disturb you but I had to talk about this. It is very important", Annika said finally.

"I assume you had come yesterday for that only. So speak up" And Shivaay turned his chair facing the sea. 

"Actually, Sumer's wedding is next week. I obviously have to go early. But, since he is such a close friend of yours you will attend all his functions as well. Yesterday, when I had come, I wanted to talk about how should we go, but things have drastically changed between yesterday and today. I wanted to know how do we go about everything"

Shivaay heard her but took some time to look at her and before he could answer, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in", he replied.

It was Om who had come with a file.

"Shivaay, the Saraswati Steels meeting is in an hour. So, just wanted to run this contract by you since you had reviewed this"

Shivaay nodded his head and asked for the file. He put on his glasses and started reading. That is when Om saw Annika sitting there nervously. 

"Annika, you here. Kuch kaam tha? "

Hearing him, Annika answered. Shivaay too heard but was still engrossed in his file and did not look up. He was listening intently though.

"Woh Om, I had urgent work. It has been a very stressful day so far"

"Annika, it is only near lunch time and you are looking so tired. Please don't overwork yourself"

"I won't Om. Thank you. And do your work properly."

"Yes, of course Annika. Actually... "

"This is good to go. I want this presentation to be done extremely properly. And Karan will be there with you for the presentation. Go now", Shivaay suddenly interrupted Om and asked him to go. Om was puzzled at this and quietly left bidding Annika a goodbye.

Shivaay then stood up and went towards the window back facing Annika.

"Yeah, so I was going to talk. I had received a call from Sumer this morning. We are supposed to go this Friday. So be ready"

Shivaay said very firmly but Annika didn't miss a certain detail from his talk.

"We?", she asked him

"Yes, I know you have heard it. Sumer wants me to come early and he expects me to come with my 'wife'. And I didn't want to argue with him. It is his wedding and I don't want to disappoint him"

Annika heard him patiently and got up and went to stand beside him. He consciously shifted a bit and she noticed it. But she ignored it and continued what she wanted to speak.

"That is exactly what I wanted to talk. He wants  me there as your wife. Wouldn't that be awkward?.... "

"Awkward? For whom? Annika, I am saying this for a final time. I never denied the fact that you are my wife nor will I ever deny as much as I am hurt with whatever happened yesterday. I know that you don't like it and I am extremely fine with that as well. I won't force you and please stop pestering me with all this. Decide what you want to do and I will go accordingly", Shivaay said getting irritated to the core.