39. The Big Day

Shivaay got up and looked into his phone to see the time and saw that he had woken up really late. He quickly got up and rushed to the washroom to see it locked from inside. Since he had almost banged on the door, he heard Annika's voice.

"Sorry, I am inside. I will be out in 2 minutes. Can you please order breakfast. I have to go to see the wedding preparations"

Shivaay answered in affirmative and ordered the breakfast. It came in 10 minutes and Annika was still inside. He was getting impatient now. He got up and was about to go to the bathroom when Annika came out drying her hair. She smiled genuinely at him and that put him bit at ease. He sat on the table and she sat opposite him. As she picked up her coffee cup, she looked at him who was engrossed in making his green tea.

"Sorry, I had gotten up early and went for a walk. When I came back, you were still sleeping so I thought of having a bath. Since I had to wash my hair, I took so long"

"It's okay. Are you fine?", Shivaay asked apprehensively.

"Ohh yes. I am completely fine. In fact, I am really excited for today. The wedding is always the most special function", Annika said with a smile and Shivaay could make out from her face that she was telling the truth and she had composed herself. He also smiled at her and finished the breakfast. After that, she left for the wedding venue. And Shivaay went to packing his stuff as they had to leave tomorrow. Once done, he also went to the wedding venue as Raj and Sumer had called him. On the way, he passed by the entrance where he saw Om and Rudra, probably waiting for the elders to arrive. He saw their car come in and he immediately moved towards the wedding mandap where he saw Gauri and Bhavya standing at a corner with Advait. He went and put his hand around Bhavya's shoulder.

"What are you trying to tell my dearest sister, Mr.Advait? Stay away from them okay", Shivaay teased Advait.

"Shivu yaar, mein itna bhi bura nahi hoon. I was just inquisitive about Bhavya's job. That's it. And anyway, you all have come with your respective partners and here I am all alone. Thodi baat karli kissise ,toh itni problem ho rahi hai tujhe", Advait dramatically said and pulled Shivaay to give him a hug.

"Adi, bas kar yaar nautanki", Shivaay said while hugging him back. Then he turned towards Bhavya and raising his eyebrow, "Dekha Bhavya, I need to have atleast one dramebaaz in my life. This guy here is an even bigger drama queen than your husband" Bhavya and Gauri laughed heartily at that and Adi looked at Shivaay angrily.

"I get it Shivaay Singh Oberoi. In childhood, you used to be with me all the time and now you find me irriatating. Samajh raha hu mein"

Shivaay pulled him closer to him and side hugged him.

"Ohh come on Adi. You know I love you, right? You also know that among everyone in the group, you have been the closest to me. Now don't sulk and come let's get you a pastry. I know you love them. Come let's go. Gauri, Bhavya, we will just be back", he said and disappeared taking Adavit along with him. Gauri and Bhavya looked at his retreating figure and exchanged looks.

"Gauri Bhabhi, Bhaiya looks so happy, hain na?" 

"Yes he does Bhavya. Finally, he is happy and is striving for his own happiness other than others. I feel really proud of him"

"Also Bhabhi, his friends are so good. They love him so much. I now feel that if only he hadn't been burdened by so many things, they could have stayed in touch and we could have seen this carefree Bhaiya more."

"Better late than never Bhavya. At least now he is happy and with Jiji trying hard, I think both will be happy soon and Amu will also come to know about her father soon. I have a feeling."