37. Its Yellow All Over

Annika and Shivaay entered the room with a smile that both were trying really hard to supress. Once in, Shivaay quickly entered the bathroom to change but the real reason was to escape his wife who was making him experience all good types of feelings. When he came out after changing, he saw Annika struggling with her dupatta. When she became aware of his presence, she stopped fidgeting with her dupatta and turned to look at him. He went to take his medicines from his bag when she called him.

"Suniye na"

He turned back to look at her and she looked really tired and irritated.

"Kya hua?"

"Actually, I need to get this dupatta off. And I have my mehendi on. Can you please take this dupatta off for me?" Shivaay didn't fail to notice the slight hesitation in her voice.

He nodded his head and went towards her. When he reached near her, before touching her dupatta, he asked her, "May I?"
Annika's insides clenched at his question and he went silent. But then, she saw him still waiting for her answer so she said yes and smiled. She didn't want any more problem now, given that their day had gone so well. He came near her and gently pulled the dupatta from ahead so that it could come off easily. She saw that he was extra cautious so as not to touch her. She didn't like it, but she had to tread slowly. Once done, he backed off and kept her dupatta near her bag. She settled on the bed and Shivaay switched on the ac for her. He settled on the couch.

"I can sleep on the couch, you know", she said to him.

"Yeah, of course I know. It's just that after today morning's scene, I don't know, till how much will you survive on this. One whole bed also isn't enough for you that the floor looks more appealing, hain na?", Shivaay said sarcastically.

"I don't know how many things have changed exactly in the past 7 years but one thing is for sure. Your sarcasm level has reached max."

"I take that as a compliment", he replied.

"You see that. That is exactly what I was talking about ", she spoke pointing out his latest sarcastic statement.

"Aren't you tired and sleepy already Annika?", he said while laying down on the couch.

"No, aaj late uthi thi na so no sleep. Amu is also like me in this. If she wakes up late, then it is almost an impossible task to get her to sleep on time"

"Now you know why I call you lady kumbhkarn and her junior kumbhkarn"

"Hey, stop with these names", Annika snapped.

"Ohh! And you can call me whatever you want to, Jhansi ki Rani", Shivaay also didn't take a step back.

"Enough with the names, Billuji"

"Now who called me Billuji? Huh, Paanika?"

Now Shivaay had sat up straight and was engaged in a full war of words with her. But, by the end of it both were laughing their hearts out.

"Everyone else is sleeping around here. Don't laugh too loud", Shivaay said to Annika.

Annika put her finger on her mouth to quieten herself but failed. She managed to control herself after some time.

"Paanika se mujhe yaad aaya, ki I am feeling really thirsty. Will you please get me some water?"

Shivaay got up and got her some water in a glass. He forwarded it to her and she was just staring at him blankly.

"Pilana padega aapko", she said to him.

He huffed and sat in front of her and made her drink the water. As he was getting up, something clicked in Annika's mind.