9. His Office

Annika was still contemplating when she finally picked up the phone and dialed a number.

"Hello, Gauri, can you please message me Shivaay's office address."

"Sure Jiji. But something special? If I am allowed to ask?", Gauri chuckled from the other end.

Annika hit her forehead seeing her sister's antics. "No, Gauri, just have some work and it is better that I meet and tell him instead of talking on the phone. You have a son for god's sake and I still can't figure out who the child is. Now be a good girl and send me his office address."

"Okay ma'am", Gauri again laughed and cut the call.

And sure enough, she received Gauri's message in a minute. She called Sneha in.

"Yes ma'am, did you need anything?", Sneha asked.

"Yes Sneha, I thought about your suggestion and I think that maybe I can ask for Shivaay's help. I will go to his office and see if something can be done."

" Ma'am do you want me to come?"

"No, it might take time. You stay here and oversee all other preparations. If you have any doubts, please call me. I can't afford any more issues with this wedding."

"Okay ma'am. I will take care."

Annika nodded her head. She gathered all her stuff and made her way out. It was nearing lunchtime and maybe she can have lunch with Shivaay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, Shivaay hadn't been able to get much work done. Mishra understood his inner turmoil and hadn't disturbed him. He was perfectly capable of handling the work until Shivaay can handle it. In the past 7 years, Mishra had mastered the art of gauging his boss's expressions. Shivaay was aware of the quantum of work but his mind was on his Om and his conversation back in the car.

Flashback starts.....

When they had left the children, Shivaay started the car and the drive was silent for a few minutes when Om's phone rang and it was Rudra. He wanted to ask about some work related query and Om noticed Shivaay looking at him intently. Hence ,as soon as he had answered Rudra's query, Om kept the phone down not even bothering to cut the call. Rudra was about to cut but stopped when he heard Om's voice.

"After all these years, how did you come back so suddenly?"

When Annika had asked him that question, he answered it but he didn't even want to answer Om.

"Omkara, I am not answerable to you. So, keep any such questions to you."

Omkara, that pricked him. Shivaay had never called him that. Except two days before. But he was also angry and hadn't realized. Now that he was a bit calm, he felt alone. Shivaay's tone was extremely curt and business like. Om had heard this tone before but Shivaay never used it on them.

"Shivaay, I just asked a simple question. You could have simply answered nicely."

Shivaay replied but did not even attempt to turn his head at Om.

"I could have, but I don't want to. I think that is a satisfactory answer"

"No, plus you had only asked all of us to behave nicely and you are only turning away."

"I indeed did, but only when the kids are around. And now they are not. So no more pretense. And I am really tired of all this fakeness."

"You were never like this, Shivaay", Om spoke in a soft tone.