13. Aloo Puri

As soon as Shivaay said this, Om and Rudra looked up at him. His face was still expressionless. That blank face haunted the both of them. But he quickly masked his emotions and gave a smile to Ari.

"Ohh Bade Papa, you know me and Amu are also cousins and she is only a year older to me, but she loves me the most. Me and her are best friends. She does everything for me and I also love her the most. Just the way Papa and chachu love each other. Do you also know Badi Maa from before?"

He nodded his head at Ari. "She used to be my best friend just like you and Amu are. But, I went to London and we couldn't keep in touch. That is why I didn't know about Amu."

Om and Rudra did not miss out the underlying disappointment Shivaay's voice held. By then Amu also ran to Shivaay and Ari.

"But now everything is fine na. I am here and so are the both of you. And we all will have a lot of fun", Shivaay said and held both the kids in his embrace and started tickling them. The kitchen echoed with their laughter.

But the minds of Om and Rudy were on a different tangent. They had heard what Shivaay had said and were pondering the meaning beind them. Had the three inseparable brothers gotten reduced to cousins. Something that ever since childhood they hadn't let it come in between them. And now when Shivaay said it, both Om and Rudra realized that a great chasm was dividing them. And they were majorly responsible for it. They were surely angry with him but since they hadn't ever been at the receiving end of Shivaay's indifference, this attitude of his hurt them like anything. They just lost the will to cook anything. Shivaay refused to look at them. They, then saw him busy with Ari. He was listening attentively to something Ari was saying. The tension between the three brothers was palpable in the room. It was broken by Amu who had come to Om and was telling him something.

"Chachu, you aren't preparing the Aloo sabzi properly. That is not the way me and Mumma like it. Make it properly na"

Listening to her, Shivaay's gaze went to the dish they were cooking and understood that they were cooking Aloo Puri. He went to them and asked Amu, "Princess, what's up? Why are scolding your Chachu for?"

She came near him and dragged him to the stove. Pointing out to the stove she said, "See na Superhero, Om chachu is making my Aloo Puri all wrong. He knows I like the yellow sabzi with chillies and he still messes up. I don't remember even a single instance when he made it the way I like it. I don't want to eat it now"

She became sad and sat on the chair Shivaay was previously sitting on. Om and Rudra immediately went to her and began coaxing her.

"Okay Amu, listen to us na please. This time we will try our best to make it the way you like it. Please don't act like this", Om tried to pacify her. Rudra also attempted.

"Yes Amu, maan jao na. We won't mess up this time. Trust us."

But Amu still nodded her head and she said," I wanted Superhero to try out my favourite Aloo Puri and now it is messed up" Tears made their way out of her eyes.

Finally, Shivaay could take it no more. He went to Amu and picked her up. Of all the things, he couldn't bear seeing tears in her eyes. He wiped them off and kissed her cheeks.

"Don't cry okay? I have a solution for you"

She smiled in between her sobs and asked him.

"Solution? What solution?"

"I will make the Aloo Puri for you. As I know it. Okay? See if you like it"

"Really Superhero. But you had said that you didn't like to cook", she asked him apprehensively.