26. Sudden Departure

Kabir and Shivaay got so engrossed in talking that they didn't realize that it was getting really late. Kabir excused himself when he got a phone call. Shivaay then noticed that Amu, Ari and Annika hadn't come. Just then, he saw Amu running towards him in full speed. She came to him and hid herself behind him. Before Shivaay could ask what happened, he spotted Annika running towards them while handling her bags and holding some medicine in her hand with Ari in tow.

"You little brat, leave him and have this medicine fast. Otherwise you will be late for school", Annika shouted at Amu.

Amu hid herself more behind Shivaay. Shivaay let out a chuckle that made Annika glare at him. So, he shut his mouth up and picked up Amu in his arms. As soon as he did that, she hid her face in the crook of his neck.

"Amaya, have this fast otherwise you are really going to get a nice scolding from me", Annika was still angry but Amu just shook her head in negative. Annika sighed and Shivaay could see that she was fuming now. So, he stepped in. He gestured Annika through his eyes and whispered near Amu's ears.

"Amu, what is the matter? Why are you troubling mumma like this? It is not good right?"

Amu slowly looked at him and said slowly replied," Mumma is giving me a new medicine for my immunity. It is very very bitter. Maasi had given this to Ari and he told me about it. I don't want it. Tell her na"

Shivaay put Amu down and asked Annika to give him the medicine. She did and he bent down to her. Annika held Ari's hand and waited to see how Shivaay would manofy Amu.

"Amu, it is for your health only right? Tell me, do you love mumma?", he asked her.

Amu couldn't understand what he was aiming at so she just replied," A lot. I love her the most"

Annika gave a genuine smile at these words of hers. 

"Then you tell me, if she falls ill and can't play with you or feed you food, will you be happy?

Annika then understood what he was talking about and gave him a knowing smile. But, now Amu was confused and just said no.

"Then how will mumma be happy when her jaan falls ill and doesn't remain strong. She gets so tensed when you are not in the best of health. So, now please have this medicine" And Shivaay forwarded the medicine to Amu. She heard Shivaay patiently and she quietly had the medicine without making any face. Once done, Shivaay smiled at her and gave her a kiss on her cheek. Then he whispered something in her ears that wasn't audible to Annika or Ari. Amu then went to Annika and called her cutely. She spread her arms asking Annika to pick her up. Annika did. Amu kissed her cheeks and made her smile with her hands.  She held her ears and looked at Annika with her cute puppy eyes.

"Sorry mumma, I troubled you a lot. I know you love me a lot. And I shouldn't have made you so worried"

"No problem Darling. I also love you the most. Now always remember that you are the most precious thing in my life. I always want to see you happy. I love you a lot"

"No, I love you more"

"I love you the most"

Shivaay put a stop to their banter. 

"Now put a full stop to this and you have school Amu and Ari. Come, let's go."

Annika and Amu laughed and Annika let her down. As they were going, Shivaay was stopped by Viren and Radha. 

"Shivaay, we urgently need to talk to you"

Now, Shivaay was in a dilemma. He looked at Annika who understood his confusion.